020: ʙᴜᴛ ʙᴏᴛʜ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴀᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ᴄʟᴏꜱᴇᴅ

●~●~●~●~●

Sami had been on watch most of the day, when Glenn burst out of the tombs with Carl.

Apparently, he'd been rather defensive that morning about staying put, and not running from the Governor, who was on his way. Sami just wanted everyone safe. He hadn't put much thought into how he'd do it. He was beyond exhausted, and kept seeing Rick wandering around the place, talking and making out with air.

Sami understood being lonely, but he hoped he never turned to the air for comfort. That guy didn't even do his job properly, considering he'd had another asthma attack that morning.

Glenn and Carl had gone to clear out the tombs, find the way the walkers and Tyreese had gotten in, but burst out covered in blood, panting.

"The tombs and the boiler room are overrun again." He wiped blood from his forehead as he walked in.

Rachel stopped listening then and there. She was sitting on the steps, legs pulled into her chest. She was really scared of Axel without Daryl here. But that wasn't what made her ignore them. Boiler room. Boiler room. Boiler room. 

Lori. That's where Lori had died.

Beth shut the gate behind him. "I thought that whole section had been cleared."

"It's a steady stream of walkers." Carl informed them.

Hershel sighed, as he packed a bag with food. "The Governors supposedly on his way, and we're stuck in here with walkers."

"Trapped between a rock and a hard place." Carol crossed her arms, and walked over to stand beside Sami, who was leaned against the wall, eating a packet of crisps that were probably gone off, but they weren't green, so it was fine.

"You two want to leave?" He asked, glancing at them.

"No!" Glenn said forcefully. "Running is not an option."

"Glenn, if the tombs have filled up again, it may just be a matter of time before they push in here." Carol said.

Beth nodded. "Or until some fence gives way."

"What if one of them herds is passin' through?" Axel questioned. "Or settled?"

"Can't handle that with just the few of us." Carol glanced at Glenn.

"So, we scout the far side of the prison." Glenn said.

Hershel raised an eyebrow. "You're going out there?"

"Grab a car and make it quick." Glenn ignored him and looked to Axel.

Who nodded. "I'll drive."

"No. You stay here, help with the fortifications. I'll take Maggie."

"You sure she's up for that?" Hershel asked, but was ignored, as Glenn walked away.

Sami glanced at the table, food upon it. "Mientras tanto, we should set up a quick escapar for whoever wants to leave when the Governor attacks." He looked to Carl. "You up for protecting whoever goes?"

Carl shook his head. "I want to stay here and fight."

"Yeah, but if Hershel and Judith leave, they need someone to protect them."

"Can't you?"

He shrugged. "I don't know how thing'll play out. Anyway, I need you to teach Danny some things, that'd be the perfect time."

Hershel nodded. "It'll work."

Danny was looking at them, from the small tower beside them, and climbed down, writing something on a piece of paper, and handing it to Carl.