032: ʟɪᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴇꜱᴘᴇᴄᴛ

●~●~●~●~●

"It's getting a little messy for you." Rosita pushed her fingers through Abraham's hair as they drove, sitting in the seat behind him.

He sighed. "Getting ready for retirement. Relaxing the groomin' standards. Thinking of growin' it out like Prince Charming here."

Sami looked up as he felt eyes on him. He was sitting curled up in the step by the door, trying to fix a radio he'd found in the bus. He'd already fixed the CD player in the bus itself, but not he was trying to get the radio to actually pick up signals again.

"You think I'm charming?" 

Abraham scoffed. "It was an insult."

"I'm taking that as a compliment." He yawned. "You don't have to hide your love an adoration for me, Abraham."

"I'm thinkin' I should shave it, now. All over. Make me dolphin smooth."

Sami scrunched up his face. "Yeah, ew. Quiet, not, Curly, eyes on the road."

Rosita chuckled. "I think you two need a room."

Sami felt horrible, which was why he was in the front with Abraham. He never shut up, and had a radio beside him. Sami missed his people dreadfully. He felt like he was abandoning them. He was worried about Daryl, and Carol. And all the others. 

". . . He said, and I quote, that I hair made me look like a 'fun guy'." Eugene was saying, as Danny looked at him. "I just ain't Samson."

"I like Sami's hair. The rest of you look bad." Danny wrote on the notepad Gabriel had given him, making Rosita laugh.

"Aside from mine and yours, I agree." She ruffled his hair.

There was a loud bang, and the bus shot forward, something dragging along the road, making it swerve, before they hit into a car, flying into the air and spinning, to land sideways on the road.

Danny stood before Sami, as everyone started to get up, coughing and checking on each other.

"The engine's on fire, we've got to get out of here." Rosita said, climbing towards Abraham. "Where's Sami?"

Glenn looked over at them. "Sami? Sami!"

"My foot's stuck." His voice came back quiet.

"Is he okay?" Maggie yelled.

"He's fine." Abraham grunted. "Get Eugene out."

"Is Sami okay?"

"I don't know." Rosita pushed past Abraham to get to Sami, who was on the ground, staring out of the sideways windshield, eyes unseeing. "Sami?"

He didn't react.

"You clear the walkers, I'll get him." Rosita said, looking at the back window, where the walkers were pounding to get in.

Abraham nodded. "We'll do it live."

He barked orders at the others, as Rosita crouched to look at Sami. He was stuck, his foot wedged between the crushed step and the door, blood seeping from a glass wound on his leg. But he seemed unaware of any of it.

"Sami? Sami, come on." She reached a hand out to him, but he pushed himself away. "Sami!"

He didn't mean to, and he couldn't hear her. All he could hear were the panicked yells. The sirens. All he could feel was the metal, all around him, the agony of his legs, the blood of his Father, warm on his skin. Bits of red meat in the small confinds.

"Sami!" Rosita yelled, smacking the top of his head.

He snapped back. He wasn't covered in blood. He only had some blood on his leg, and his foot was stuck.