037: ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴠᴇ ɪɴ ᴀ ꜱʜᴇʟʟ

●~●~●~●~●

With the gate now open, they could see Alexandria.

Clean, at least three story houses. Clear, winding streets. Flowers in the green grass. Sami looked at the ruins on the house just outside the wall, to the clean man with slicked back hair just beyond the gate, having opened it, and wasn't sure how to feel. His emotions were completely conflicting each other.

Daryl shot a possum that ran out of a trash bin, picking it up by the tail, arrow in it's stomach. Sami wanted to puke, but didn't. He wished he was tougher when it came to animals and hunting sometimes.

"We brought dinner."

"It's okay." Aaron said to the man at the gate, and beconned the group inside. "Come on in, guys."

They all made their way inside, and the man shut the gate behind them. It was very study, Danny noticed, and the wall he could see from where he was didn't have any other exits.

"Before we take this any further, we need you all to hand over your weapons." Gate Man said, rifle on his back. "You stay, you hand them over."

"We don't know if we want to stay." Rick said, holding Judith on his hip.

"It's fine, Nicholas." Aaron said to the man.

"If we were going to use them, we would've started already."

"Let them talk to Deanna first."

"Who's Deanna?" Abraham asked so loudly, that Sami jumped, stepping away from him. He wondered how the hell Abraham was always himself.

"She knows everything you want to know about this place. Rick, why don't you start?"

"Sasha." Rick looked behind him, through the gate at a walker stumbling towards them.

She turned, nodded, and shot it, right in the head, as the sheet was dropped over the gate.

"It's a good thing we're here."

Rick went into one of the apartments. While there was houses around Alexandria, one of the buildings was filled with apartments, which Aaron lead them to. There, they waited in a walled off garden, as they each spoke with the leader of the community.

Sami went a few people after Rick. He didn't like it. It felt weird.

The room he was in was a living room. Deanna, a short woman probably in her late 40s or 50s, sat upon a couch, a coffee table in front of her, and two chairs on the other side of that. But, as Sami walked in from the French glass doors on her left, he didn't look at the couch or table. His eyes were immediately drawn to the window seat, which was filled with shelves, books crammed into every space.

"Hello." She crossed her legs, and held her hand out to him. "I'm Deanna Monroe."

"Sami Garrdio." He reached over and shook it. He wasn't sure what Rick said to her, but he doubted he was polite. As much as he hated politeness, they really needed this place. With where they were going outside, how much they'd lost, they weren't going to make it much longer. Or the people they were weren't.

"Do you mind if I film this?" She gestured to a film camera on a stand behind the sofa, clear view of the bookshelves Sami was distractedly looking at, and of him.

He flicked his hand. "I don't mind."

"Please. Take a seat."

He nodded, and sat across from her. The seat felt way too soft. 

"So, mind if I ask you some questions?"

"Sure."

"How long have you been out there?"