018: ᴡᴏᴏᴅʙᴜʀʏ

MENTIONS AND SIGNS OF ASSAULT! PLEASE SKIP IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE!

●~●~●~●~●

"You think Sami will get better?" Taylor asked, climbing out of the truck with Maggie and Glenn.

Maggie nodded. "He's just keeping himself busy. How Rick is, that's . . . "

Sami hadn't been seen much that day. He'd been in the guard tower. They weren't sure if he'd slept or not. He'd been down, helped re-wire the generators in case of emergency, since he apparently had quite a lot of knowledge of wires and such, though they didn't know how.

The reason, as he knew and didn't share, was that he loved wires as a child. Why, he didn't know, but there was not one appliance in his Father's home that he hadn't taken apart and put back together, as a child. It started with pens, then went on to radios, microwaves, washing machines, TVs. He ended up being brilliant at it, no one on their street buying new appliances, since Sami could just go over and fix it, or replace a part with one of the random bits or bobs that he had in his collection in the back yard.

He wasn't excited to fix the generator, though. He was quiet, fixed it and left. 

They were outside a store, with a chained up door, which Taylor broke open with a pair of bolt cutters. She pulled the door open, all of them yelping as a flock of birds flew out and over them.

Taylor and Glenn walked in, Maggie staying outside.

"Here." Taylor tossed a toy duck to Maggie.

Glenn chuckled. "Seriously?"

"Yeah." Maggie nodded, smiling down at the duck. "A kid growing up in a prison needs some toys."

Taylor saw a card stand, picking one out. The font was messy, written- trying to make it look childish, followed by a list of reasons why the teacher was good.

'𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎 𝒷𝑒𝓈𝓉 𝓉𝑒𝒶𝒸𝒽𝑒𝓇.

 𝐼𝓃𝓈𝓅𝒾𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒹𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂𝓈.

 𝐻𝑒𝓁𝓅𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓊𝓈 𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝑔𝓇𝑜𝓌.

 𝒽𝑒𝓁𝓅𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓊𝓈 𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑒. 

𝓁𝑜𝑜𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝓈𝒸𝒽𝑜𝑜𝓁. 

𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓊𝓈 𝓈𝒶𝒻𝑒. 

𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓊𝓈 𝓅𝑜𝓈𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓋𝑒. 

𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝒷𝑒𝓁𝒾𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝓃 𝓊𝓈. 

𝒜𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 - 𝑒𝓃𝒸𝑜𝓊𝓇𝒶𝑔𝒾𝓃𝑔, 𝓈𝓊𝓅𝓅𝑜𝓇𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔, 𝓂𝑜𝓉𝒾𝓋𝒶𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔. 

𝑀𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑜𝓃𝓈 𝒻𝓊𝓃!'

She picked it up, chuckling, and making a mental note to ask Sami what age group he taught. It was strange to think of what his classroom would look like in general. Did he put up motivational posters, like they had in Taylor's? Or was he a more practical 'cool' teacher, who had posters of the Terminator on his wall? Or did he teach really young kids, so only had learning numbers and letters on his wall?