042: ʙʟᴏᴄᴋ ɪᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ɪᴛ

●~●~●~●~●

Sami had been on his way to the pantry.

He'd ran out of paper, again, and most of the community were out making sure everything was in place for tomorrow, when they'd be moving the walkers. So it was quiet.

He pretty much had to write out every single thing the 'teachers' had to do with the kids who needed a little extra help. One of the children struggled with addition, so Sami said to just grab some pebbles and show it to the child physically. The teacher showed up at his door asking what color, size and type of pebbles they needed.

He heard the screams, first.

He ducked behind a bush as he heard them, seeing rather suddenly that there were people walking around, the smell of smoke, dead bodies further down the road, and citizens now chained, being pulled along like a dog.

Sami whistled, and Apollo sprinted out from wherever he head been, straight to Sami without anyone seeing.

"Here." He lifted his paws, putting the boots that Jesse had found for the dog on his feet. they made him quieter, and faster. "Now, quite."

Carl, Carol and Danny were back at the house. With Carol, he knew Danny would be fine. But he didn't know where anyone else was. And he couldn't just waddle around until he found them. 

He found himself worried about Rosita, though he knew she could handle herself perfectly fine.   But as he watched a intruder hack off the arm of someone just for fun, their body well dead, he couldn't help but think of Rosita's body on the ground, arm hacked off just because.

The armory. Stop thinking of Rosita. If they get the armory, this is done for. Sami had to protect people, and get to it first.

He ran through the bushes, Apollo on his heels, silent. Until he saw Holly, who had been on gate duty. She took a swing at one of the intruders as he did the same, getting her in the stomach.

Sami ran out from behind the cover, instructing Apollo with his hands to check on Holly, as he jumped on the man's back, knocking him to the ground with such force, that when he slammed his head down one the ground, the front opened like an old fruit.

A loud horn blared as he looked at Holly, and tried to pick her up. He didn't even know where the blood was coming from, but it was all over her stomach.

She let out a yell as he tried to pick her up.

"I know, I know, I know." 

"Sami!"

He looked up, seeing Rosita shoot someone behind him and run over to him.

"You okay?" She questioned.

"Grab her legs, we gotta get her to the infirmary." 

She did as he said, both of them putting an arm over their shoulders and lifting one of her legs as she passed out, running to the infirmary, which was chaos, though there weren't many people in there.

"We need the operating table prepped!" Rosita yelled, as Aaron and Eric ran in after them. 

"How many people are out there?" Tara yelled, looking at them.

"A lot." Sami carefully placed Holly down. "Fucking weridos."

"Rosita, do you know how to prep an IV?" Denise yelled at her, the horn still blaring loudly.

"I'm on it." She handed an IV bag to Sami, who put it up on it's hook. "Give me tape!"

"What about the airhorn?" Tara asked. "What's happening?"