043: ɢᴏᴅ ꜰᴏʀʙɪᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴛɪᴄɪꜱᴇ ᴛʜɪꜱ

SERIOUS RELAPSE OF SELF HARM IN THIS CHAPTER!!! 

ALSO SUCIDE MENTIONS

●~●~●~●~●

Michonne, along with Heath and Scott, got back soon after they started tidying up the bodies. 

She had apparently been with almost all the people of Alexandria who were out on the road. Rick split off to grab an RV to lead a large group of walkers who had diverted towards the horn away from Alexandria, while Michonne and the others tried to get home.

Only three made it.

Taylor and Sophie had gone with Rick, while Rachel was with Sasha, Abraham and Daryl leading most of the walkers away as planned. 

"Glenn had this idea that, if he lit a fire, it could stop the walkers from coming here." Michonne explained to them. I tried to go instead. I wanted to. But . . . the fire never got lit. We had to keep going. I'm sorry. He said if he got stuck, he would find a way to send us a signal."

Maggie put her hand to her mouth. 

"And Sami, I'm sorry. I don't know where Sinead got to-"

"Yeah, we don't care." Rosita said, arms crossed. "Hope she got torn apart by walkers."

"OPEN THE GATE!"

The yell came from outside the walls, and was faint. Then followed by walkers growls.

"OPEN THE GATE!"

Running to the gate, Sami saw Rick, a complete mess of blood, sweat, stumbling as he ran to get to the gate, an entire hoard of walkers stumbling behind him, and through the trees around him. 

Sami pulled the gate open, people gathering behind him, as Rick ran into a walker, the pair falling to the ground.

"Come on, hermano!" Sami ran out, pulling out the sword he'd kept from the Wolves, seeing Danny and Apollo at the gate. "Apollo, stay!"

He cut the head off of a walker, grabbing Rick's arm and hauling him to his feet, pulling him through the gate as Michonne closed it, the walkers reaching their arms through the gaps in the bars, behind Sami cut them off, and pulled the sheet-gate across, blocking them from view.

It only took a few minutes for the walkers to surround the community, blocking them in. 

The community didn't handle it well, to say the least.

They reinforced the wall by the truck, which seemed to be holding. No matter where you were, you could hear the walkers groans.

Sami, however, felt better than he had in days. He felt horrible for it. So much suffering, and not just to the people around him. But by his hand. Yet he felt a small weight of the constant sick in his stomach lift. 

Sinead wasn't here. She might even be dead. He felt sad when he thought of who she was, but reminded himself of the complete asshole she'd become. He still felt horrible for it, but the guilt of that felt better than the fear of seeing her. 

Rosita and Maggie were stressing, both in different ways. Rosita was keeping her cool, though Sami thought she might blow up at some point. Maggie was pacing, face always scrunched up. The not-knowing getting to her.

Sami came up with the idea of instantly acting like there was no hope of being rescued. Not to be stupid, or hopeless, but to make plans that didn't include Daryl and the others come back. They were doing fine on food, but if they cut it down, rationed everything right from the start, they could last a few months in here. He'd come up with the idea of using the bodies of the Wolves to divert the walkers, if need be, to get them out of the way if they had to get out.