096: ᴇᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ

●~●~●~●~●

Rosita was only looking for Sami. 

'I gotta talk to Siddiq.'

It was too late for him to just be out and about. He was almost always exhausted, ever since they'd met. He'd almost look forward to sleeping, before the barn. Being out this late was just out of character.

Usually, she'd leave him to it. If he was leaving, going outside the walls, he'd tell her. But with the sleepwalking and the conversation they'd had, she was beating herself up for leaving him alone, letting him go to Siddiq on his own. 

So though she still felt like shit, she could walk. So, she went after him, Coco in her arms.

He wasn't downstairs, so she went upstairs to see if he was in Siddiq's apartment. 

She knocked on the door, but there was no answer, so she just opened it.

"Siddiq? Are you awake? I can't find Sami."

The door to Siddiq's bedroom opened, making her jump, but it was just Dante.

"Hola." He smiled.

"Bueno."

She took in his appearance. He was sweaty. Hair stuck to his forehead. 

"Everything okay?" He asked, in Spanish.

"Yes, yes, everything's okay." She looked at his hand up on the door frame. Almost blocking her out. She spoke in English. "Sami and I were talking about how he wasn't sleeping much, and he said he had to see Siddiq. What's happening?"

"We're having a hot threesome, didn't you know?" He chuckled. "Nah, we were just hanging out, and he and Siddiq got called out. Something about Andy and Donna's kid throwing up . . . " He made a scared face, and smiled. "I didn't ask for details. But, Sami did, so he went with him."

". . . Okay."

"Lo sientó, pero, but you just missed them."

That's when she heard the growling.

"Can I . . . help you with anything?"

"No."

"Rosita." He stepped forward, knife in hand, and Coco began to cry.

"Okay. Okay, okay. There you go." She slowly placed the crying baby in the bath tub, too many thoughts going through her mind, for Coco, Sami and Siddiq's safety.

Dante dived at Rosita the second Coco was down, making her cry louder.

As the knife slid across the floor and the pair struggled, Sami's eyes opened.

It was hard to see, with blood having run down from his head and into his eyes. But he could hear Coco crying.

He shakily got to his feet, but the prosthetic was still in wrong, making him almost fall back to the ground when he put weight on it.

He leaned against the wall, and saw it.

Siddiq, stumbling out of the room, growling.

Rosita grunted loudly, but Sami could hear she was getting desperate.

"It's okay!" Dante grunted, too. "In nature, sometimes parents eat their young. Sami can do the same."

He thinks I'm dead, Didn't give Sami much comfort, as he limped shakily over to the door, Siddiq being much faster and more aware then him.

The world was spinning, and Sami couldn't see a weapon anywhere. He made his way out of the room, anyway.

Rosita was pinned to the ground by Dante, his hands around her throat, Siddiq almost upon a screaming Coco.