009: ꜱᴜɪᴛꜱ ᴍᴇ ᴠᴇʀʏ ꜰɪɴᴇ

●~●~●~●~●

Carol sobbed like a child, before she pulled away from Sami, getting to her feet and making her way towards the house.

Beth was sobbing, too, now pushing through people to get over to one of the walkers, pushing a body off of it and rolling it over.

"Mom. .  ."  

The walker reached up, grabbing her pony-tails and making her scream.

They ran over, trying to pull Beth away, while Taylor pulled a knife out of her pants, trying to push through the people around the walker, but couldn't, so she crouched down, pushing through their legs.

Remembering Sami with Amy, she pushed the others out of the way, grabbing the walker's head as it grabbed her arms, snapping and snarling, and shoving the knife into the base of it's skull.

Taylor looked at Beth, sobbing into her father's chest, his eyes vacant.

"Get her to the house." Taylor said, standing. "She doesn't need to see this."

Maggie nodded, putting her arm over them and leading her family back up to the house.

But, Shane followed them, Rick and Glenn behind her.

The kids stayed sitting there, unmoving. Sami got up, Lori staying with them, taking a blanket from inside the barn, and laying Beth's mother with Sophia, before covering them with a blanket.

"Him, too." Sophie dragged a body over to him, and tucked it under the blanket. "Maggie's Step-Brother."

Sami wasn't sure what that meant, but let her do it anyway.

After sending the children up to the house with Dale, they dug three graves. 

The service was quiet, the wind cold. Sami held his rosary beads in his hand, until Danny took them, wrapping them around his wrist and holding the cross in his hand, tightly. 

After, they gathered the rest of the bodies. 

They were much rougher with them, though Sami wasn't. He lifted them gently, placing them in the back of the truck. He hated how the others tossed the bodies, but understood they didn't fully see them like he did. Yeah, they were disgusting monsters, but that one was wearing earrings.

He ended up in the house, which he hadn't spend much time in. Beth had collapsed, and Glenn and Maggie looked to him for help when they couldn't find Hershel. But there was nothing he could do. She was in a strange state of shock, staring at the ceiling above her without seeing it in the bedroom.

Sophie worked out that he went to the bar in town, an alcoholic when he was younger. And Rick said he'd go with Glenn to get him. But Sami could hear Lori and Rick arguing in the hall.

"Iré." He said, walking out to them, holding his book, rosary beads around his wrist. "Glenn and me."

"No," Rick shook his head. "You're needed here-"

"No, Carol, she, ah . . . " He tried to think of the word in English. "I got Danny. Sophia . . . "

Lori glanced at him. "You sure?"

He nodded. "Take Danny."

"Of course."

And so, he stood by Rick and Lori's car a few minutes later, machete in his leg, gun in a holster on his hip, Glenn walking over to him after kissing Maggie goodbye at the door.

"¿Listo para ir?" 

Glenn climbed into the passenger seat. "I need more advice."

 "A minute." He started the car, pulling out and onto the driveway, before they got onto the road. "Go."