053: ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴᴀʟ

●~●~●~●~●

Getting used to life without Abraham and Glenn was hard.

And getting used to life without Sasha, Daryl and Maggie.

They hadn't heard from Sasha or Maggie. They didn't know if they were alive. What happened Maggie's baby. They plainly just didn't know.

Sami leaned against the wall by the gate, rifle in hand, looking through the gate, out to the road. He used to have watch with Abraham. Now it was with Eugene. 

He felt really sick. All the time. 

Taylor hadn't taken the news well. There wasn't exactly a good way to take the news, but she and Sophie went out at five every morning, looking for things to help against the saviors, making sure they have a lay of the land, treating it like when the Governor was going to attack the Prison. 

And Rachel wasn't speaking to anyone. No one ever really knew where she was. Without Daryl, she didn't know what to do.

Danny hadn't written or signed anything to anyone. He stayed with Carl, even more than before. He didn't speak of his feelings. 

He didn't speak of his mother, either. Though he knew she was alive, she was looking for him. Sami didn't know if he wanted to go back to her. What if he did? What if Sami was horrible at looking after Danny and he decided to go with Grace? What if-

"Hey, Sami!"

He looked up, seeing Spencer grinning in a car, Rosita driving it, on the far side from Sami.

"Can you open the gate?" She questioned, ducking her head so he could see her.

He looked at her for  a moment. "What're you guys doing?"

"We're going out to see if we can find anything for when they come. Want to help?" Spencer asked.

Sami did, honestly. Not to help, but he didn't like anyone going out beyond the walls, especially not Rosita with Spencer. He'd probably hand her over to the Saviors on a golden platter if they asked.

"You keep your and the Saviors cumming to yourself, Spencer." 

Rosita looked at him. "So, you're not coming?"

He was quiet for a moment. "You want me to?"

They heard the roar of engines outside, and Sami looked, seeing a fleet of cars on the other side, large trucks, too, that would honestly not be worth running anymore, with how much they'd use up.

Rosita climbed out of the car, Spencer doing the same, as the engines stopped, and whistling met their ears, the shadow of Negan appearing on the fence. 

He hit the gate with his bat, knocking. "Little pig, little pig. Let me in."

Spencer walked forward almost instantly, and Sami scoffed, pulling the sheet-gate open.

Negan still made him feel sick, as did his bat. But Sami didn't feel nearly as weak. Negan didn't look scary in the daylight. He was just another flesh bag.

"Well?" Negan questioned. 

"Um, who are you?" Spencer asked, standing beside Sami.

Sami pushed him away from him. "Ignore him, he's an idiot."

"Uh, yeah, I can tell!" Negan laughed. "Nice to see you again, Sami. You look much better with a scab on your face than tears and blood."

The cut from the bat on Sami's cheek was scabbed, and would probably vanish within a week or so. It scabbed weird, though, so he could tell it was going to scab.