008: ʟᴏꜱꜱ ᴏꜰ ɪɴɴᴏᴄᴇɴᴄᴇ

●~●~●~●~●

Sami was talking to Maggie the next morning, Danny playing inside with Beth. The group were now arguing by the barn.

"Listen, um . . . " Maggie glanced from the barn to Sami. "There's walkers in the barn. Your group knows. Now, I guess." 

He sat there for a moment. "Huh?"

"Daddy thinks they're sick. They can't get out. We're holding them for when a cure is made."

He didn't believe a cure was coming. He also didn't know what 'cure' meant, so looked in his book. 

Honestly, he didn't care. He'd stay up at night, keep and eye on the barn. He'd kill the walkers if they got close to the camp, to the people, but otherwise they probably wouldn't make it out of that barn.

"Daddy'll probably make you leave."

He stood, sighing. "Nosotros work out. "

He made his way over to camp as the others left the barn, seeing Lori with Carl, Rachel and Danny, doing home work.

"I puked them up." She said quickly, looking up at him.

Carl looked at her. "Puked what up?"

"Nothing, sweetie, do your work."

Rachel looked at Lori, now. "Shane thinks Sophia's dead, doesn't he?"

Lori thought for a moment. "Shane's just scared."

"No, stupid." Sami sat at the picnic table with them. "It, ah, easy if no Sophia."

Carl tilted his head. "How?"

Danny lifted his whiteboard. 'No more looking, everyone's here.'

"Well, I'm not leaving until we find her. Like we found you, Danny."

"I don't want to go after we find her, either." Rachel said, bear under her arm. "It's nice."

"Well, we're not leaving. Finish your problems." Lori said.

Carl didn't. "I think she's going to like it here. This place. It could be a home."

Lori hugged him as Sami looked at the Barn in the distance, Shane standing outside of it.

"You knew, too?" Lori asked.

He glanced at her. "Maggie saw you."

She nodded. "Look, help me and the kids, and then i gotta talk to you, okay?"

"Si."

After they finished their schoolwork, Carol looked after the kids while Lori led Sami to a tree stump, a handful of carrots in hand, that she began chopping, handing him potatoes and a knife

"Just skin 'em, put them in the basket." She said.

He did as she said, for about ten minutes before she spoke.

"I told Rick. Everything. The baby, Shane. . . " She sighed. "I . . . he's okay, I think. A little distant, but . . . "

He smiled at her. "Buena."

"Yeah. And I threw up the pills, so . . . this is happening. I'm . . "

She trailed off, as Shane strutted over, crouching in front of the makeshift board she had.

He glanced at Sami. "Sami, you mind . . . vamos-in somewhere?"

"No." Lori said quickly, putting her boot on Sami's to stop him. "I need his help cutting."