047: ᴀ ᴡʜᴏʟᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ

●~●~●~●~●

Life in Alexandria was getting to be enjoyable, though it had taken a few months. 

There was no longer the 'us and them' in the air, everyone now just part of the same community, the same tragedy. Everyone worked together, everyone had their jobs, even their own houses, since there had been so many deaths.

The new losses were added to the wall - Deanna, Jessie, Ron, Sam. Carl was okay, just missing an eye. Sami, ignoring Denise and telling her he'd been through much, much worse than a gunshot wound, was up and walking after a day, though not perfectly.

Danny kept up his training, and helped with building the wall. Tobin was teaching him a lot, as he actually worked in construction before, and soon they got an entire expansion, and were now taking the old wall in-between down, now having a large church and several more houses. They were hoping to build farmland, a mill, a few stables.

Taylor and Sophie were the main runners, now, with Heath and Scott. They were out almost every second day, gathering supplies. They'd gone out with Rick and Daryl the day prior, and brought back some guy named Jesus, and lost all their supplies. That was how most of their runs went.

Sinead never came back. With her dead, Sami could actually heal a bit. He was okay with people touching him, now, though he didn't give hugs nearly as much as he used to. They were much more intimate, now, at least for him. He only hugged someone if he really needed it. Or they did.

And Apollo was loving all the attention he got, as the only dog, and still ran around in his shoes when he was outdoors. Sami made sure his feet stayed health, but felt bad wearing shoes when Apollo wasn't.

Sasha was getting better, too. She and Abraham had become close, hanging out almost every day, as their shifts were together. Rosita would often complain about Abraham not being around as much, but then she'd change on to other things within five minutes and her and Sami would just hang out for the majority of the day talking about all sorts. 

She'd learnt that he had a dog named Skip as a kid, and a tattoo of a dog before 'the accident', which she didn't know what happened. He never spoke of it, so didn't like speaking of it now. She also knew that he was lost in the woods for a week as a child, and that he had a great relationship with his Dad. It was nice to talk about his Dad, again, since Hershel was the only one who could listen. Every time Sami tried to turn the conversation to her, she'd ask him about something that got him way too excited so he'd leave it alone.

However, Sami felt everything was going to go wrong. 

Why?

Because this Jesus went missing at five in the morning, and he found him sitting on the steps of Rick's house, Carl's gun to his head, along with a half naked Rick and Michonne scrambling to look normal.

It didn't feel like the start of a good thing.

He explained that he was from a group - a settlement like Alexandria, but with more farms. They could trade. Now, he offered to take them back to his settlement, show them what they were about.

Rick wanted Sami to go. He really didn't want to.

They loaded up the RV, and were off within an hour. 

Sami sat across from Abraham, chewing his thumb anxiously.

"What's got your knickers in a twist?" He questioned.

Sami was about to answer, but then realized that saying to a guy that Sami felt bad for not saying goodbye to his girlfriend probably wasn't the best idea.