006: ꜱᴘᴇɴᴛ ɪᴛ ɪɴ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ

●~●~●~●~●

Glenn and T-Dog left that night, and were going to take Sami, but he fell asleep in the RV seat, so they went without him. He needed the sleep.

Rachel was awake beside him, sitting in the front seat while he was in the passenger seat. He kept moving, muttering things she didn't understand. She tried checking the books, but couldn't read so it was pointless. He kept reaching his hand for something towards the door, only to hit it and jump in his sleep.

She made her way to his bag. Maybe something in there would help? Surely enough, there was a teddy. A very old one. Maybe it was his when he was her age?

So, she took it out, and carefully placed the bear on his shoulder. Strangely, he calmed down. She wondered why adults didn't all sleep with teddys. Was Sami an adult?

The questions and thoughts were making her brain hurt.

Sami drove Shane's new, fixed up car to the farm early the next morning. He watched the windows for any sign of Danny. He couldn't think of his face for too long. It made him want to burst into tears.

As they pulled to a stop outside the large, white house, there were a lot of people. Sami kind of hated it. Taylor spotted only three women and really hated it.

"Is Carl okay?" Rachel asked, climbing out of the RV.

Lori nodded, smiling. "Yeah. Yeah, you can go see him. First door on your left, just don't touch him."

She nodded, running into the house.

"It's all thanks to Hershel." Lori looked at the older man. "And his people."

"And Shane." Rick added. "We'd have lost Carl if not for him."

Sami hadn't recognized Shane. He'd shaved his head, watching them.

Sami and Sophie sniggered. It was honestly nice to, for once.

"You Sami?" A younger, blonde girl asked.

Sami glanced at her, and nodded.

She smiled widely. "Give me a minute."

She ran inside. They stood there for a moment, before she opened the door. Rick said something to Carol, but Sami didn't head.

Danny ran out the door, smiling brightly as he ran to Sami, who engulphed him in a hug, falling onto the ground, kissing the side of his head.

"Pensé que estabas muerto. Pensé que estabas muerto."

Carol was smiling sadly at them.

After a moment, Sami looked at the girl.

"He was wanderin' the woods with a puppy." She said, eyes scrunched up from the sun. "He's a stray, so we fed him everyday, and he led him here."

"Do you know how he lost Sophia?" Carol asked.

Rick sighed. "Wrote down that he fell asleep, woke up and she was gone."

She nodded sadly, turning to the RV.

Sami couldn't let Danny out of his sight the entire day, but he seemed fine with it. He was very excited to show him the puppy he'd decided to adopt, though he couldn't decide on a name. The girl who brought him out, Beth, had been looking after him. She was only 17 but loved children. She'd gotten her old toys from upstairs to keep him occupied, and got him a whiteboard to write things on until he learnt ASL.

Danny didn't write it or show it, but he felt horrible about loosing her. He'd never really wished for hearing, but as he descended deeper into the pit of guilt, he wondered if maybe he could hear her, he would've woken. She could've been screaming right behind him and he wouldn't have known.