044: ʜᴇᴀᴠᴇɴ ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇᴠɪʟ

●~●~●~●~●

Sami had woken at sunrise and accidently woken Rosita. When neither of them could sleep, they decided instead to stay up and make plans on how to train the citizens, in case the walls came down, and they both ended up falling asleep on the couch downstairs.

Danny walked down, seeing the two sleeping, and went back up for his bedsheet, bringing it back down and putting it over them both, carefully, their heads on each others shoulders, so he pulled it right up to their chins. 

He wondered why his brother was always so tired. Was there a reason for it? Or was it just that he worked really hard everyday?

But Sami woke up with a jolt, which woke Rosita the same way, both of them listening for what woke them, until they heard Judith crying upstairs.

"I got it." He muttered, standing up and rubbing his eyes, the blood on his jaw cracking as he spoke, hurrying into the hall, hitting his shoulder off the doorframe as he did. "Ow! Ow!"

Rosita laughed, and rubbed her own, eyes, before going over the notes they'd made the night before. 

Sami ignored how once he woke up properly, he regretted it, and went about his day. He wasn't entirely sure what the regret was for. He calmed Judith down, putting her back to bed and checked the walls with Apollo, who could smell a human among them, in case any of their missing people came in covered in walker guts. But Apollo wasn't worried about any of it, he just smelt walkers.

Danny almost threw Carl over the wall while he was teaching Ron to shoot, Rick, too. Carl just kept making comments to help, but it was pissing Danny off. He didn't know why he was so pissed off. Everything just felt very stupid. What about Sami? Sami wasn't okay.

Sami gathered the citizens of Alexandria, those who would fight and wanted to learn, and brought them out to a clear area of grass, where Rosita had gathered machetes and such. Sami dragged Eugene over, too.

"So, what should we do?" One of the citizens asked, holding a machete.

"You should slide the machete down through the wound," Rosita explained, standing in the middle of the group. "One fluid motion, alright? You ease it through the bone, like this."

Sami felt like a Scout again, as he stood, watching that everyone was doing as they were told rather than stabbing each other. It was like when they taught the kids to light fires, and they'd each have their own pit. There'd always be one kid trying to burn the others, and another kid who kept burning himself, other wise most of the time they were fine.

There was also one kid who would just always refuse to do what you told them. Usually from rich parents, too scared to get their knees bruised. They were very annoying.

Eugene reminded him of those children. As he stood, looking at the wall, unmoving, not even a machete in hand.

Sami was about to say something, but Rosita scoffed a beat him to it, grabbing two machetes and hitting them together behind Eugene, making a loud metal bang, which made him jump.

"Hey!"

Rosita glared at him, walking around to stand in front of him as the group continued what they were instructed to do.

"I'm a weapons novice holding a significant blade here and there are people in my proximity with open toe-shoes." Eugene said.

"That's right." She stopped in front of him. "So get a grip."

Sami ignored that his neck suddenly felt very warm, and the pit of his stomach, and looked at the group. The others pretended not to be listening, but obviously were. A lot of them were smart enough not to keep swinging a machete while distracted. But Sami whistled, catching their attention.