076: ʀᴏᴀᴅ ᴛᴏ ʜɪʟʟᴛᴏᴘ

●~●~●~●~●

While Sami rode on a horse, Danny had to lead the carriage, which was made from an old car, with the new people in the back. He had his shades on, though Sami said it was stupid, because he might miss something. But the lights felt loud, which was strange to Danny, since he didn't know what loud was. But it felt like the light from the sun was loud.

He had orange juice in a bottle beside him that Judith had given to him before he left, and his legs pulled up under himself. He wasn't sure how to feel about going back to Hilltop.

But first things first, they were heading to where Judith found the new people, since that's where their things were. 

Magna, however, didn't seem to like this idea, complaining about her knives.

"Look, I'm sorry about Magna." Yumiko, the one who'd been hit in the head, was sitting beside Danny. "She's a little hotheaded."

"It's fine." Sami continued looking through the trees, for a glimpse or sign of Rosita. "As long as she doesn't do anything stupid."

"She's been on edge since we lost Bernie."

"Was he with you long?" Siddiq asked, earning a glare from Michonne.

"Long enough. He loved getting under Magna's skin. He, um, used to wear this absolutely horrid shirt. It was like looking into creation itself. In paisley. God, it was horrendous, but Magna hated it. She said just looking at it gave her a migraine. So, Bernie wore it everyday. For a week. Honestly, I think she came around on the shirt. Just like she came around on him."

"See, Sami?" Danny signed, having been watching Yumiko's lips as she spoke. "Sometimes fashion statements are needed."

Sami chuckled, but it didn't make him feel better. He felt sick. What if something happened Rosita, and he just . . . didn't know? He'd feel it, wouldn't he?

"This place, Hilltop." Yumiko continued. "It's safe?"

"It is." Michonne said.

"What's it like?"

"Farmland, mostly." Danny answered. "I got heaps build outside the wall, last time I was there. Made plans for protection, fences out there, too."

Yumiko looked back at Kelly.

"He says it's mostly farmland that he build. He also built fences to keep the walkers out." She translated.

"Hm." Yumiko looked at Sami. "Hold old is he?"

"Oh, he was helpin' run Hilltop since he was . . . what, Dan? 11? 12?"

Danny shrugged, taking his feet out from under him and crossing them over on the wood in front of him, yawning as he stretched.

"He was young, anyway."

When they finally reached the field that the group had been in, Sami didn't look at the turned over shipping container or things thrown about. He was watching the trees for Rosita. She had to be here somewhere. Or, out here somewhere. She had to be somewhere, and it was his fault.

"Sami." Michonne was glaring at him. "Collect all their weapons."

"Hell no!" Magna stormed over to them.  "We're taking what's ours."

"No." Michonne put her hand on her sword. "I'm not letting my men take five armed strangers to Hilltop."

"Your men?" Yumiko and the others walked over. "What about you?"

"I was here to see if your story checks out. It does. Siddiq and Sami will take you the rest of the way. Danny may go where he pleases."

"So, not only have you not been to this place in who knows how long," Magna started. "but you're not coming with us and you're taking our weapons?"