132: ʙᴀᴅ ꜱɪᴛᴜᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ

●~●~●~●~●

Rosita didn't show up to lunch. 

And neither did Daryl.

So, Sami dropped Coco off with Jerry, and he and Carol went to their work. 

Sami made his way to the office, opening the door before knocking.

"Hey!" Mercer yelled, but then noticed it was him, and seemed to calm down, which confused him. "What?"

"Where's Rosita and Daryl?" Sami asked. "They were meant to meet us for lunch, they weren't there."

"And I think he's on some meds that're making him freak." Carol added.

Mercer glanced at them, then out at the main room, where he could see Pamela Anderson's son laughing as he spoke to the soldiers. "Give me a minute. I'll ask around."

Mercer got to his feet. "Meet me in the field by the North Gate."

So, that's what they did. Carol and Sami walked. Sami didn't believe him, and wanted to find the pair himself, but Carol kept telling him it was fine. 

Mercer showed up not long after them, in a car, with three rifles, guns, and other weapons, telling them to take their pick as he drove them out beyond the walls.

Sami hadn't been out here since they first arrived in the Commonwealth. It felt open. Familiar. But alien. 

Mercer seemed to know where he was going, and pulled up to a stop near a few large houses on large properties, surrounded by walkers. 

"You ever done this before?" He asked, as he killed a walker that was close by, but far enough from the others that they wouldn't be noticed. 

"Been a while." Sami said, as he watched Mercer cut into the body of the walker.

"Make sure you don't soak your bandages. If I'm right, Espinosa and Dixon are in there."

"Why?" Carol asked.

"Two of my men reported them this morning. Had to check it out anyway."

Within a few minutes, they were in the hoard, following Mercer to a large house. An alarm blared from it for a few minutes, before it was cut short. But the damage had been done, walkers stumbling towards it.

Too much happened too quick, and Sami had to take a breath. It felt that taking just the tiny moment, he became himself again. Not the new tutor in the Commonwealth. Not the sickly house-bound husband. Not the 'oh-so-great' father that the Mother's kept complimenting for being the bare minimum. 

He was Sami. Brother to Daryl Dixon. Guy who went a bit too far sometimes with killing people, and couldn't be hindered by a hoard of walkers. He was him, and he was fine. And he fit in, even if he was in agony. When was he not?

Once they got into the living room of the house, the stench of walkers then familiar, Mercer was going to shoot them, but Sami stopped him. The sound would just attract the others. 

He used his knifes, taking them out, as Mercer did the same, and Carol stayed back with her gun for backup. 

But there was no need. The walkers were cleared, and Sami and Mercer were covered in more blood. 

Mercer pounded on a large metal door nearby, as Sami stabbed the last two walkers ignoring the searing pain on his ribs. 

"Garrido!" Mercer instructed, once the door was open, and Sami followed them.

"Sami?" Rosita questioned, as he, Carol, and Mercer walked into the office-like room, and he pulled her in for a hug, holding her face and kissing her cheek before looking over her, trying to see if she was hurt. But she just seemed distracted and fine.