012: ʀᴇᴜɪɴɪᴏɴꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴇɢʀᴇᴛ

●~●~●~●~●

"We gotta turn around."

Lori's voice reminded Sami he was awake. He was in the truck with Lori, T-Dog and Beth, crushed between the two latter, since sitting in the back almost killed him when T-Dog sped up. They hadn't seen anyone from the farm. They didn't know who was still alive. If anyone was.

"Straight back into that herd?" T-Dog asked. "Um, no."

"The highway is that way. Rick will go back there, Glenn will, too."

"But we're headed East. Get to the coast, we should've done that from the jump. Look, we've got a shot to get out of here in one piece."

"Let me out, then." Sami sat up, as he was sitting almost on his back so they could see each other.

T-Dog looked at him. "What?"

"I need Danny. Stop." 

"No-"

He slid the window behind him open, reaching his arms out and began pulling himself through it.

"Sami! Sami, stop!" 

"Then turn back." Lori said. "Or I'm following him, because I'm not leaving my kids, either."

He let out a loud grunt of frustration. "Fine! You people are out of your damn minds!"

He turned the car, and Sami pulled himself back into the car. "See? Fácil."

"If we die because of this, I'll kill you myself."

The highway wasn't far, Daryl finding them on their way, Lori spotting Carl and Rachel before they had even stopped, jumping out of the moving car and running to them.

Sami climbed out after Beth, who ran to her father, seeing Danny jump out of the car with Glenn, Maggie and Sophie.

He hopped excitedly over to Sami, jumping up to hug him.

"Gracias a Dios. Gracias a Dios." He muttered, falling to his knees as he hugged him.

"Sophie!" Taylor ran over from Rick, throwing her arms around Sophie and knocking her back into the car with a bang.

"Taylor, careful!" Glenn laughed.

"Where's the rest of us?" Daryl asked, as everyone greeted each other.

Rick glanced at him. "We're the only ones who've made it so far."

Lori looked at him. "Shane?"

He shook his head.

"Andrea?" Glenn asked.

"She saved me, then I lost her." Carol said.

T-Dog was leaning on the door of the truck. "We saw her go down."

"Patricia?" Hershel asked.

Beth looked at him, crying. "They got her, too. From right in front of me, I was . . . I was holdin' onto her, Daddy, she just . . . what about Jimmy? Did you see Jimmy?"

"He was in the RV." Rick said. "It got overrun."

"You definitely saw Andrea?" Carol asked.

Lori nodded. "There were walkers everywhere."

"Did you see her?"

"I'm gonna go back." Daryl made for his bike.

Rick shook his head. "No."

"Well, I can't just leave her there."

Sami shook his head. "Where do we comenzar?"

Rick nodded. "He's right. We gotta go, walkers keep coming through here."

"I say head east." T-Dog stood straighter.

"Stay off main roads." Daryl picked up his crossbow, shooting a walker stumbling over to them. "The bigger the road, the more assholes like this one."

And so, separating into cars, they took off. No idea where to.

●~●~●~●~●

It was late when they stopped. 

Rick seemed to be reaching a breaking point. He told them what Sami couldn't translate, due to thinking they already knew - everyone was infected. Once you had a brain, if you died, you came back. 

It was how things got bad on the airport. Someone died on a plane, it crashed, set everything else into motion. It was why Sami always went for the head.

They had to stop due to running out of gas, but Rick wouldn't let them grab any until morning, so they were all around a small fire, now. Exhausted. Cold. Without a place to sleep but the ground.

And everyone was freaking out.

"We need to leave." Carol said, as they heard something out in the dark. "I mean, what are we waiting for?"

"Last thing we need is for everyone to be running off in the dark." Rick said, appearing by the wall. "We don't have the vehicles. No one's travelling on foot."

"Don't panic." Hershel tried.

"I'm not sittin' here waiting for another herd to blow through." Maggie said. "We need to move, now."

"no one is going anywhere." Rick hissed.

Carol looked at him. "Do something!"

"I am doing something! I'm keeping this group together, alive! I've been doing that all along, no matter what. I didn't ask for this! I killed my best friend for you people, for Christ's sake!"

Everyone went silent. Honestly, Taylor and Sami were happy he was dead, though unlike Taylor, Sami felt guilty for feeling that. Sophie was appalled that Rick could kill his best friend. Everyone else seemed plain shocked. Carl cried.

"You saw what he was like. How he pushed me. How he compromised us. How he threatened us." He waved his gun as he spoke. "He staged the whole Randall thing, let me out to put a bullet in my back. He gave me no choice! He was my friend, but he came after me.  My hands are clean."

Still, no one said anything. The only sound being the cracking of the fire, and Carl's cries.

"Maybe you people are better off without me. Go ahead. I say there's a place for us, but maybe it's just another pipe dream. Maybe- maybe I'm foolin' myself again. Why don't - why don't you go and find out yourself? Send me a postcard! Go on, there's the door. You can do better? Let's see how far you get."

No one moved, Danny wrapping his arm around Sami's.

"No takers? Fine, but let's get one thing straight . . . you're staying, this isn't a democracy anymore."

🐳🐳🐳

Hello! Sorry this one is so short, I just needed to finish season two. On to three, yay! I have lots and lots of plans, if you care about Sami or Taylor you will hate me.