Chapter 4016

Night Owl said, "Her purpose is to work with us, isn't it? So let's talk to her?"

What Night Owl didn't know was that Princess Yan Ling wasn't that easy to talk to. When Lord Jing went to see Princess Yan Ling, she said unhurriedly, "Negotiate? Of course, we can do that. But before that, sign this first."  

Taking a look at the paper on the table, Lord Jing frowned. It said that from now on, Lord Jing and Night Owl had to follow her orders. If they defied her, she would reveal Night Owl's secret. Even Lord Jing, who had been indulging Princess Yan Ling, lost his temper. He glared at the princess. "That's an exorbitant price."

Princess Yan Ling said arrogantly, "You don't say."

Look at that condescending attitude... Lord Jing felt that he was only a dog in front of her. In this world where the strong were respected, the princess was only a Spiritual Overlord, but she was so arrogant. He was also a respected lord of the Dongsang Kingdom. Lord Jing's face was livid as he said coldly, "Princess, that's not a negotiation."

Princess Yan Ling glanced at him. "Negotiate? Who cares about that? Are we negotiating? Don't you know who has the upper hand? She rose to her feet. "I'm here on behalf of Dayan. We have talented people as well as ancient technologies. Now that I know your secret, if it gets out, you're all dead. Do you think Night Owl is the only prince the kingdom has? The king has at least thirty sons, and there will be more in the future. Do you believe that I can destroy your son and you with a single sentence? You don't want to sign it? Let's see what'll happen." 

Lord Jing's face went scarlet red. 

Princess Yan Ling sneered at Him. "I see that you're not sincere enough today. Come to me when you show your sincerity. Uncle Ma, see him out." She threatened Lord Jing with Ma Quanquan again. Ma Quanquan, the peak Spiritual Saint, was the person that Jin Wang feared the most when facing Princess Yan Ling. 

As Lord Jing stormed off, Princess Yan Ling smirked at her maid. "They're just some dogs raised buy my father. Who the hell do they think they are? Tsk." She didn't raise her voice, but Lord Jing could hear her. 

Lord Jing clenched his fists, and his face turned livid. That was outrageous.

After Lord Jing left, Ma Quanquan frowned at Princess Yan Ling. "Princess, don't overdo it." 

Princess Yan Ling glared at Ma Quanquan. "If I don't show them some power, they'll try to be my superior. Who do they think they are?"

Ma Quanquan had no choice but to try his best to persuade her. "Princess, our priority is more important."

Princess Yan Ling said, "I know. I won't sabotage it."

In Lord Jing's study.

Thump! Infuriated, Lord Jing swept everything off the table, and his face went scarlet red.

Lady Jing arrived in a hurry to find the mess. It was the same as yesterday... She asked what was going on.

Lord Jing gestured at her to leave.

"My dear husband..." Lady Jing said sadly, "You used to tell me everything. Are you keeping everything to yourself now?"

Lord Jing was so frustrated as he looked at his wife. He let her serve the wine and drank with her. Lord Jing had been drinking nonstop. In the end, he had gone pale.

Lady Jing was about to put him to bed when Lord Jing suddenly asked, "What will you do if someone threatens you?"

Lady Jing looked at him. "Has someone threatened you?"

Lord Jing shouted, "What will you do if someone threatens you?!" 

Lady Jing clenched her fists and said, "No one should be threatened. If I compromise when threatened, I'll be no different from a rat hiding in a ditch. You think the person threatening you will stop when the opportunity arises, but to that person, all they need to do is threaten you once and they'll get what they want. Why not do it again? You're afraid of them, anyway. Hiding in the shadows isn't real life at all! My lord, you're too proud to be threatened!"