Chapter 4139

Even she, as the empress dowager, had a kind of... awe of that girl? What was wrong with the world? The more the empress dowager thought about it, the angrier and more vexed she became. She didn't even know what she was upset about. 

Meanwhile, everyone was astonished by Patriarch Huyan's words. Feng Xun, Lady Northern Feng, and the others had already returned. Lady Northern Feng looked at Feng Xun. "W-what's going on?"

Delighted, Feng Xun put on a happy face and said to Lady Northern Feng, "I know. Patriarch Huyan is very nice to Xiao Wu. When we went to Northern Yan, we stayed in Patriarch Huyan's tower. Not even the emperor of Northern Yan is allowed to enter that tower as he pleases."

Lady Northern Feng was pleasantly surprised as well. "That's great." She was worried that Patriarch Huyan might be joking. If he was, what would happen to Xiao Wu? 

Meanwhile, Yan Yu stared at Patriarch Huyan and said all of a sudden, "If you're protecting the girl, fine. We won't touch her. You can take her with you." 

What did that mean? Although Yan Yu didn't say it outright, the others weren't idiots. Of course they understood. 

"Is that why Patriarch Huyan is only protecting Feng Wu?"

"What should we do? What about the Junwu Empire?" 

"Crown Prince Yan Yu wants Patriarch Huyan to take Feng Wu with him We don't want the rest of her."

Many people began to shout excitedly, and many people even began to cry. What should they do? What should they do? Right now, everyone was looking at Feng Wu as if she were their savior. Even those who didn't have a good impression of her were now looking at her with hope in their eyes. 

"Save us... Feng Wu is the only one who can save us now..."

"But what can she do? After all, it's the Dayan Empire that's trying to destroy us. Patriarch Huyan can save her, but he can't save the entire empire."

"But isn't Patriarch Huyan supposed to be very powerful? And he's backed by Shen Muya, isn't that so?"

"But even if it's Shen Muya, can it really compete with the power of an empire? Even if he can, how can he save us?"

At that thought, everyone felt even more hopeless. But everyone was still looking at Feng Wu with hopeful eyes. What if a miracle happened? As a matter of fact, as everyone had hoped, Feng Wu said indifferently, "I'm not leaving."

Patriarch Huyan didn't seem surprised by Feng Wu's words. It was as if he had known from the beginning that Feng Wu would make her choice. 

Yan Yu stared at Feng Wu. "What did you say?"

Feng Wu glanced at him and said casually, "I said I'm not leaving."

Crown Prince Yan Yu's eyes were cold. "Are you really going to throw your life away for these people and the Junwu Empire? Think about it calmly."

Everyone looked at Feng Wu with mixed feelings. Even Miss Tao of the Tao family, Gongsun Qing, and the other girls, who used to be jealous of Feng Wu, stared at Feng Wu in astonishment and admiration. She actually said that she would not leave... If it were them, they wouldn't make such a choice even if they said it. 

However, Feng Wu looked at Crown Prince Yan Yu indifferently and smiled. "I have thought about it very calmly. I will not leave."