Chapter 4144

They stuffed Supreme Level and Semidivine Level pills into Grand Secretary Fang's mouth as if they were free. "Swallow it. Swallow it. You'll come back to life as long as you swallow it." 

"Xiao Wu... " Grabbing Feng Wu's sleeve, Xuan Yi shook his head at her and said sadly, "Grandpa is dead."

Feng Wu blanched, but she didn't give up. She tried her best to save Grand Secretary Feng, but in the end... Grand Secretary Fang couldn't be saved. Immediately, everyone's faces darkened. 

Just then, Luo Zilin came in. Feng Wu asked anxiously, "Have you heard from my mother and Xiaoqi?"

Luo Zilin shook his head. Even Luo Zilin, who had always been indifferent, looked grim. Looking at Feng Wu, he said earnestly, "I'm afraid it's not that simple. Calm down. You won't be able to solve the problem no matter how anxious you are." 

Feng Wu nodded, took a deep breath, and calmed herself down. Only then did she ask, "Do you have any leads?"

Luo Zilin shook his head.

Feng Wu said coldly, "No leads are the best leads. If something happened to them, there's no way they wouldn't have any. So, it must have been done by a cultivator who was much more powerful than them."

Just then, Luo Zilin crouched down and examined Grand Secretary Fang carefully. He then said, "I think we have a lead now."

"Tell me." Feng Wu urged him.

"That's the smell of Skeleton Leaf Grass." Luo Zilin pointed at Grand Secretary Fang's chest. Grand Secretary Fang had been hit in the chest and died instantly. "Skeleton Leaf Grass only grows in Dayan Empire's territory. It can't be found on this continent, so we can tell that someone from the Dayan Empire was behind this," Luo Zilin said calmly. 

The first person that came to Feng Wu's mind was Yan Yu, the crown prince of Dayan Empire. 

"There's also this palm imprint. If I remember correctly, this palm imprint should have been left behind by a Spiritual Emperor. A Spiritual Saint wouldn't be able to do that," Luo Zilin added. 

Feng Wu nodded after her examination. "A Spiritual Emperor from the Dayan Empire." Grand Secretary Fang had nothing against the people of the Dayan Empire. How could he have been targeted and assassinated by a Spiritual Emperor? Or did Secretary Fang's death have something to do with Xiaoqi and the others' disappearance? "Grand Secretary Fang's fingernails..." After careful examination, Feng Wu noticed some black mud under Grand Secretary Fang's fingernails, and it was.... 

Feng Wu realized right away that it was the black mud from Fallen Star Yard. Because Feng Wu had spent a lot of effort setting up the entire Fallen Star Yard, she had even infused the black soil with her spiritual essence, so she recognized it right away. "Why is there mud under Grand Secretary Fang's fingernails? Can it be that Grand Secretary Fang tried to catch Xiaoqi when he was taken away, but all he got was the bottom of his shoe?" 

Feng Wu took a closer look at Grand Secretary Fang's fingernails and found some scratches on them. "The last person Grand Secretary Fang saw was Xiaoqi and my mother." Feng Wu said affirmatively, "Grand Secretary Fang wanted to save my mother and Xiaoqi, but the enemy was too powerful. Grand Secretary Fang..."

"I think your guess should be correct." Luo Zilin said to Feng Wu, "Assuming that's the case, your mother and Xiaoqi are still alive. Think about it. If they really wanted to kill someone, they could've just killed them like Grand Secretary Fan. Why would they go through all that trouble to get their bodies out?"