Chapter 4149

"If that's all, I'll be on my way." Feng Wu didn't have time to chat with the empress dowager, for she had something important to discuss with Emperor Wu. 

The empress dowager was furious as she watched Feng Wu leave. "She's leaving just like that? I'm her future grandmother. Is that how she treats me? Look at how eager she is to leave. She just doesn't want to talk to me anymore. She's so arrogant now."

Granny Lan sighed. Why did the empress dowager have to say something so harsh? She had changed her mind about Miss Feng Wu and had agreed to marry His Royal Highness, but what she had said was like a knife stabbing at Feng Wu.... Meanwhile, the empress dowager was vexed as well. She patted her mouth and wondered why she was being so mean. "Fine, I'll show her some respect the next time Feng Wu enters the imperial palace." She didn't know when Feng Wu would be back, and the empress dowager hadn't expected that. 

Feng Wu went to Emperor Wu's study. No one know what they talked about, but Eunuch Gao was the only one who saw the solemn look on Feng Wu's face when she left. 

Feng Wu returned to Fallen Star Yard to find Feng Xun, Xuan Yi, and Duan Chaoge waiting for her. Duan Chaoge rushed up to her when she saw her. "Xiao Wu, Xiaoqi and Aunt..."

Seeing their hesitation, Feng Wu knew they were worried, so she told them how she and Luo Zilin had intercepted Crown Prince Yan Yu. 4

"So, Aunt and Xiaoqi are fine, and it was Dayan Empire who did it?" Duan Chaoge was furious. "That damn Dayan Empire. Why do I see them everywhere? What on earth do they want?"

Feng Xun was furious as well. "I want to go to Dayan Empire."

"But we're far from strong enough..." Xuan Yi looked angry. All of a sudden, he turned to Feng Wu with a solemn look in his eyes. "We want to be stronger. We have to be."

Feng Wu rubbed her chin. She had the same idea. Feng Xun and his companions had already been very powerful before the people of Dayan Empire showed up , but now that the people of Dayan Empire had shown up, they paled in comparison. 

Duan Chaoge was only in the beginning stage of the Spiritual Overlord, while Xuan Yi and Feng Xun were already at the intermediate stage. It would take a lot of effort for them to make a breakthroughs, and they would have to have some fortuitous encounters. 

"Therefore, I want to go to Empire Road." Xuan Yi stared at Feng Wu with a serious look on his face. "My grandfather's death made me realize that this a world where only the strong are respected. I have to become stronger and avenge my grandfather." 

Feng Wu didn't answer right away. Just then, Feng Xun in a serious tone, "I want to become stronger too. When I saw you being bullied by that Young General Yi and I couldn't do anything about it, Xiao Wu.... How can I be your brother when I'm like this? Therefore, I must become stronger."

"Me too. Xiao Wu, you've advanced too quickly, I don't want to be left further and further behind you, so on this Empire Road, bring me along. I won't drag you down. I'll definitely work hard to become stronger." 

Feng Wu pursed her lips. "Empire Road is a dangerous place. You three..."

Duan Chaoge said, "I'm not afraid. I'd rather die than be a cripple." 

"Me too."

"Me too."

Before Feng Wu could say anything, Luo Zilin said, "There's something that Yan Yu didn't tell you before. In fact, entering Empire Road isn't meant to be entered alone. Instead, it's done in groups of five."