Ch. 3. My Team

Eric (POV)

The three transformed members are me, Nik, and Blaze. Compared to their actions, their names sound cool. Nik is a nerd who became a werewolf after being fought by the youngest daughter of Alpha Zach from the Mighty Claws pack.

It's been said that the Alpha's daughter had a crush on the nerd, but he didn't feel the same way, so she fought him and bit him to turn him into a werewolf. Poor nerd. I don't know why Alpha Zach sent him here, but the most likely reason is that the Alpha's daughter has found her mate. Nik only comes to talk to me when he can't go outside to buy snacks at night because he's afraid of being killed by hunters.

Blaze is always with his books. Another nerd, but thankfully, he has a more human personality. Sometimes, I can connect with him through the knowledge he possesses. He's good at nursing.

Well, he tried his way to help the pack as he administers injections to the omegas. Don't get me wrong; they're not sick. They need the injections because of their heat, but their mates don't want to engage in intimate activities with them.

So, they don't want others to find out their heat times in the pack house and instead come to our little building, which is about one-third of a mile away from the pack houses.

These days, wolves' loyalty to their mates has changed. Some choose their own lovers and marry them by biting and marking as their own, even if they're not their destined mates.

As a result, the true mates are left alone, especially the natural born female werewolves. They believe in the faith of their mates, but their mates believe in their own desires.

To be honest, if I were mated to a female werewolf, I would probably marry a normal human girl very quickly. Like I mentioned before, female werewolves tend to overreact.

Anger and violence are their ways of showing love. Jeez... compared to females, male werewolves are more stable in controlling their anger, madness in the mate bond, and violence.