Ch. 20. Vampire / Shape-shifter

Bloody (POV):

Everything seemed fine except for my appearance. I examined myself in the mirror and wondered why I had become younger. Could it be due to a curse?

I've never heard of vampires being able to become children again.

Vampires can choose to look a certain age, but they can only do this after their first blood bond changes into their second, which typically happens when they reach adulthood, around 18 years old.

I am now 116 years old so I am in my second blood bond.

To confirm my suspicions, I need to consult the book I brought from the castle.

It belonged to my father, and when I was young, my sister and I would often visit the castle library to learn about our vampire nature and other living beings.

It was there that I discovered this book, which was locked in a cabinet in my father's reading room.

I asked my father if I could read it, and he agreed, unaware that I had no intention of returning it since I was a collector of precious items.

I looked into shape-shifters and discovered that they can change their appearances as they please.

However, they need to have consumed souls at least once to transform into their desired forms.

For example, they require human souls for human forms and animal souls for animal forms. Since I have consumed souls from humans, this ability should work for me.

The text mentioned that shape-shifters find and merge the souls they have consumed.

To do this, I need to follow the sorrowful screams emitted by these souls. But how do I find those screams? It's confusing me.

Well, let's give it a try.....

I stand in front of the mirror, close my eyes, and focus my mind. I tap into my vampire power, but it doesn't seem to be the right approach.

I delve deeper into my mind, and suddenly, I start feeling grief, regret, emptiness, loneliness, despair, and sadness. Are these the sorrows?

I continue my search, and these sorrows intensify. Now I can hear the screams of souls. The deeper I go, the louder the screams become.

I stop and open my eyes. It's really challenging to handle. I take a deep breath, exhale, and attempt it again. This time, it fails.

However, there is progress. The more I try, the more I can withstand, although it still compels me to stop going further.

Now, it's my fourth attempt. This will be the last try for today; otherwise, I risk losing my mind due to the overwhelming sorrows and screams.

I brace myself and continue, diving into the deepest depths where I experience a sense of relief, as if weightless and detached from gravity.

I open my eyes and focus on my physical form. Hell yeah! I am who I am...

________________________________________
🖤Give Votes & Share Original Wattpad Link To Get More Viewers🖤