Ch. 49. I Will Show You My Secret

William (POV)

I shouldn't have told Eric about "Ace". I should wait for a good time. But, I didn't expect him to get so angry that he punched the wall and hurt himself. I realized he's possessive and can't understand me anymore.

I also didn't think I would have to cry for him. The beta boy blamed me for making Eric angry, but it's not my fault. Eric has a strong and proud inner wolf, and I've told him that he's himself and Ace is Ace. But he asked if I mistook him for Ace because they share one body. I said the truth about that. But he was still mad at me.

I can't blame Ace for not wanting to bond with Eric since I can't even handle Eric's mind. I understand why Ace is afraid of Eric shutting him out. It is now a sure thing that Eric would do what he wanted with his own body and not care about Ace even if they would do soul bond. Ace's power and strength only becomes for Eric.

Moreover, I think I like both of them, but I can't fall in love and tell Eric about that because Ace is always watching and knows everything. It would betray Ace, who warned me not to fall in love with Eric and said I'm only his mate.

I wonder if I ignored that statement and cared too much for Eric. This mate bond is causing so many problems, and I don't want any more trouble.

Lately, Eric barely talks to me. He only greets me two or three times a day, and he avoids me most of the time. He hasn't been coming to the library either.

It's been two weeks, and I never thought I would feel so sad. I don't like that feeling because I already have painful memories.

I just wanted to have fun with my companion for relief, but now it's become a threat, and I can't sleep well because of nightmares about Ace or Eric leaving me. I'm starting to hate both of them.

I looked at my phone, and it's almost 1 AM. I have to go to the werewolf pack house tomorrow for a boring job, although no one comes to the library, not even the kids. I asked Nik if he wanted to visit, but he said he doesn't like history books. I wonder what kind of books he reads.

When I was lost in my thoughts in bed, it seemed like Eric was spending time with the beta boy or Randy. I don't know what Eric has been doing these past weeks because I haven't seen him at home.

Blaze and Nik told me he's been going out with Randy. Even Dorian sometimes waits for him, but Eric is already out with Randy.

Then, I heard the sound of a motorcycle outside. Sure enough, it was Eric and Randy. I didn't want to listen to their conversation, but I overheard them.

Eric: "Thanks for today. I'll buy you something tomorrow."

Randy: "That would be nice of you."

Eric: "Good night!"

Randy: "You too! But I don't want to sleep yet."

Eric: "It's late though."

Randy: "Want to go for a run in the forest?"

Eric: "Do you want to?"

Randy: "Yeah, you haven't seen my wolf before, right?"

Eric: "Yeah, is it interesting enough to see your wolf?"

Randy: "You bet. I also want to see what your shifted wolf looks like. I haven't seen it before."

Eric: "Well, then I might disappoint you. I can't shift into a complete wolf since I'm just a transformed werewolf. The shifted form belongs to my inner wolf."

Eric: "I think Dorian and most of my friends knew that I don't have an inner wolf."

Randy: "Am I not still one of them?"