Ch. 13. Escaping

Bloody (POV)

I woke up after enduring a long period of suffering. Opening my eyes, I took in the familiar smell of the world, although my hearing was muffled.

I tried to move my arms and legs, and with some effort, I reached for the wooden stake piercing my heart.

The pain was intense in my heart. I managed to lift the stake slightly, but exhaustion overcame me, and I lost consciousness......

Two days later.....

I opened my eyes again, taking a deep breath. The pain in my heart was excruciating, slowly tormenting me.

Summoning all my strength, I removed the stake. I muttered painfully "Mom..I love you"

As I sat in the coffin, I realized that silver chains, mirrors, and holy water ponds surrounded me.

Annoyed, I returned to sleep in the coffin. Then, to my surprise, my hand discovered a small shiny golden bag beneath my coffin bed.

Opening it, I found two rings, one belonging to me and the other to my sister. I remembered our father had given these rings to us on our fifteenth birthday to protect us from burns caused by sunlight and reflections.

Since my sister and I were half-human and half-vampire, our vampiric nature only manifested when we turned fifteen.

Curiosity struck me. Who had secretly placed the rings under my bed? I wondered if it was my mother.

I noticed the silver chains hanging above me. It seemed I was trapped like a caged bird. This presented a problem.

Hurriedly, I put on the rings, wearing mine on the middle finger and my sister's on the index finger. They were slightly loose, but thankfully, the rings were adjustable. Now I could get out of the coffin.

Examining the chains, I noticed four knots. With determination, I threw the stake, breaking some of the chains, causing the stake to fall into the water.
Luckily, I managed to escape the chain cage.

Now, what about the holy water? And who the hell put this holy water?? Mom or Dad??

The ponds were small but dangerous, acting as barriers. I surveyed my surroundings and realized that the largest mirror could serve as a bridge over the holy water pond.

Then suddenly, looking at my reflection, I was astonished. I appeared so much  younger than before I entered the prison. It was unbelievable.

I had spent a century in the coffin, but now I looked like a child. Furthermore, my clothes were loose and oversized.....what?????

I will deal with this nonsense later. Lifting the large mirror from its base, I placed it across the pond and fastly walked over it.

I listened intently for any signs of other beings but heard nothing. It struck me as strange that there was no one in the castle. Were they all dead?

As I surveyed the castle, I suddenly sensed the presence of a vampire far away from the castle. He was approaching.

I quickly hid in a corner, observing him. He was a male vampire, and his presence felt as strong as an elder's.

It seemed he was unaware of my existence and it was a very unbelievable surprise. He made his way toward my chamber. Then, I sensed his fear as soon as he discovered the broken chamber and my absence.

He hastily fled the castle and disappeared into the trees. I couldn't sense his presence anymore, as he was outside my focus range.

I pondered the situation. It appeared he was a scout.

I think: ***Why hadn't he detected my presence, even if he cannot sense my vampire presence, he should at least sense my human side persence? I need to find out more about myself***

I wanted to chase after him, but my body lacked the energy. I needed to eat, see my mother, and escape from this place first.

The scout's presence was not a good sign; it indicated a complex situation.

I quickly made up my mind and headed towards my old room. To my surprise, everything remained exactly as I remembered it.

I gathered some important items I would need for my journey, like golden coins, jewels, and rubies.

You see, I used to collect precious things since I was younger. Then, I quickly changed into a comfortable outfit and stepped outside.

At that moment, I couldn't help but feel an overwhelming sense of being alive.

________________________________________
🖤Give Votes & Share Original Wattpad Link To Get More Viewers🖤