Ch. 50. I Am Sorry / Selfish?

William (POV):

I couldn't sleep again. I felt really sad and betrayed by Eric, even though he's not my mate. Something doesn't feel right.

I felt weak because I hadn't slept and my human side was in a mess. Being in the pack house all the time, my vampire side needed blood. But I couldn't go out alone without permission from the Alphas or leaders. I couldn't leave the territory and go into town. When I did get permission, I always had to be with Nik and Blaze for their jobs, so I couldn't get blood and soul energy.

I need to arrange my own thoughts before thinking about others. Otherwise, these heartless werewolves and vampires might kill me. They don't care about whether someone is really guilty or not, they only see the bad in others. That's how they become slaves to their Alpha or clan lord and do everything  what they have been commanded. Except for Eric, he's a good guy, but now he hates me for loving his inner wolf. It's crazy. I loved my mate and believed he would do the same.

I got out of bed and decided to find Eric, regardless of whether Randy is there or not. I don't care anymore. If I let things continue like this, Eric and Randy will become something that I don't want to see. I have to stop him and call out Ace.

I used my vampire speed and rushed into the forest. I don't think anyone noticed or cared that a werewolf's presence was running into the forest with vampire-like speed.

My thirst for blood became an unquenchable craving.  On the way, there was the darkness awakened me, and I prowled through the night, driven by a primal hunger. Then, the scent of warm flesh beckoned me, and my fangs longed to taste the crimson life-force within. I wanted to find the fulfillment in the act of feeding by embracing the essence of my existence as a creature of the night. I followed the scent and after a short time, I reached the cliff and looked down to see what they were doing.

Just as I suspected, they were having their own fun. I don't like that Randy guy. And I don't like Eric, who still thinks Ace, his savior, is trash or a monster. Without Ace, he would've died a long time ago. Without me, he would've died in that forest. And also, without him, I would've been killed by my enemies. As I looked at them, anger overcame my thirst for blood.

It seemed like Randy was showing his power to Eric, as if he had been keeping it a secret. I sensed his power, and it could be recognized as he was at the level of an Alpha. I could tell they hadn't noticed me since I had moved swiftly and remained undetected.

William: "Well, well, well, what do we have here!?", they were surprised to see me who was looking down at them from the very edge of the cliff.

Eric: "William?"