Ch. 26. Suspicions

Dorian (POV)

Lily and I were sitting at the cafe. She was engrossed in her phone while I was lost in my thoughts.

Suddenly, Lily looked up at me.

Lily: "Dorian."

Dorian: "Yeah, what's up?"

Lily: "You've been staring at that vase for a while. Is there something on your mind? We're here to drink coffee, remember?"

Dorian: "Oh, sorry about that. Okay, what were we talking about?"

Lily: "Seriously? Am I not your girlfriend? Tell me how you feel about me or kiss me."

Dorian: "Smooth move." I gave her a quick kiss.

Then, she looked at me and started talking about Eric.

Lily: "Do you know anything about the girl he's dating? I suspect she might be a normal human, or maybe an omega from another pack?"

Dorian: "I don't really know. He hasn't told me anything about her. I was actually surprised by that too."

Lily: "He's keeping it a secret. Even you, his best friend, didn't know. So..."

Dorian: "Yeah."

I looked at Lily. She seemed deep in thought about Eric, so I teasingly asked, "Are you worried about Eric getting a girlfriend now?"

Lily: "No way, I'm actually happy about it."

Dorian: "Why?" I laughed and asked.

Lily: "Because I can spend more time with you. You know, I don't like it when Eric is always around whenever I come to talk to you."

Dorian: "..............Is that so?"

Lily seemed to regret what she had said and changed the subject.

Lily: "Let's go to the park and watch a movie."

Dorian: "Good idea."

At the drive-in theater, we watched a movie, but I couldn't pay attention. Something felt off. I felt like I had been defeated, but I didn't know why.

The next day, I waited for Eric to meet up at the pack house in the morning, but he didn't come.

I asked Blaze about him, and he said Eric hadn't come back to sleep.

He didn't also come to attend the daily meeting and Damian knew about it, so I tried to cover for Eric by convincing my brother that I gave Eric some work to do since I'm the Beta of the pack.

But he still didn't show up until 4 p.m., so I decided to call him.

-------------------------Meanwhile--------------------

Eric (POV)

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. Who could be calling me?

When I opened my eyes, I was shocked. I was in bed, naked, hugging the vampire boy.

The phone rang again, and that time, the vampire boy suddenly opened his eyes and looked at me.

I was taken aback by the situation. I could feel from the touch of my body that the boy was also without clothes.

Right, I remembered finding him collapsed in the bathroom last night, wearing only a towel. But why was I naked?

My thoughts were interrupted by the phone ringing again, but I still couldn't answer it.

Bloody got out of bed, covering himself with a blanket, and left without even looking back at me.

Now, I thought it was time to pick up the phone.

--------------------------------------------------------

Dorian (POV)

After five calls, Eric finally answered the phone.

Dorian: "Eric, man, are you okay?"

Eric: "Yeah, why?"

Dorian: "Do you know what time it is now?" I asked.

He went silent. After 5 sec, he replied.

Eric: "Damn, did I miss the daily pack meeting?"

Dorian: "Yeah, but don't worry, I tried to cover for you."

Eric: "Thanks for that..."

Dorian: "Are you coming back today?"

Eric: "Of course, I'm coming now."

Dorian: "Man, I thought you went on a honeymoon with your girlfriend."

Eric: "No... I'm not."

Dorian: "Really? Well, see you then." I hung up.

I could tell that Eric was deeply involved with that girl since he couldn't tell me about her.

He usually doesn't keep his personal life a secret to me. Something doesn't feel right, or maybe I'm just overthinking.

-----------------------Meanwhile----------------------

Eric (POV)

I picked up my shirt from the floor and put on my jeans. I grabbed the car keys, wallet, and phone from the table and headed out.

Before getting into the car, I shouted to Bloody that I would come back later, but I received no reply from him.

On my way to the pack house, I couldn't stop thinking about what had happened to me. Did he manipulate me?

Moreover, I noticed that I always lost consciousness when I was with him. It has happened to me twice now.

I put on my shirt while driving and realized I needed to investigate this matter further.

------------------------------------------------------------
Dorian (POV)

After about 20 minutes, Eric returned.

As he got out of his car, I was shocked by his appearance and scent.

His long black shirt was unbuttoned, and he reeked of a scent that suggested he had been engaged in sexual activity.

Eric: "Hey, Dorian."

Dorian: "Man, you look a mess."

Eric: "Hmm, why?"

Dorian: "You smell like you've been having sex all day... Your scent is all over h_____"

I suddenly noticed a new bite mark on his neck as he fixed his shirt's buttons.

I tried to get a closer look, but Eric also noticed my concern and stepped back, covering his neck with his shirt collar.

Eric: "I'm a little tired. Can we talk later?"

Dorian: "............Oh....... I see. Sure, rest up and take care."

I left his place, feeling that something was seriously off with him.

Now I remembered that he had been covering his neck with his collar ever since that incident.

He doesn't usually style his shirt collar like that. I need to confirm my suspicions.

________________________________________
🖤Give Votes & Share Original Wattpad Link To Get More Viewers🖤

Guess:

🖤Who is your favorite character?

🖤Whom do you think Eric likes?

🖤Whom do you believe Bloody is in love with?

🖤What is Dorian's relationship to Eric?