Ch. 34. The Black Wolf

William (POV):

It's been three weeks since I arrived at the wolf territory. The beta boy told me that I need to be watched for three months before being officially invited to join the pack. However, the final decision lies with their Alpha, who assesses my suitability.

Those who have been bitten and biters are punished by being banned from the pack and considered rogues if they're not trustworthy.

Before being banned, they are given a chance to reflect on their mistakes while being held in prisons. I dislike the prison.

The beta boy seems concerned about Eric, who bit me. He doesn't want Eric to be held responsible if I break any pack rules, so he ordered a transformed werewolf named Nik to teach me the rules before informing the Alpha about me.

I'm allowed to stay in Eric's building because there are two empty rooms.

The beta boy isn't completely pleased with this, but there's no other option since other marked humans are staying with their marker werewolves, while the female omegas have their own space.

I don't fit into either category, so I'm simply allowed to stay there. The beta boy said he'll introduce me to the Alphas when I'm ready.

There are two other transformed werewolves in the building besides Eric.

It appears that the beta boy has strong feelings for Eric, as he pays close attention to him and his actions. However, there's a female werewolf named Lily who seems friendly and caring towards the beta boy.

Their relationship is more complicated than my relationships with Ace and Eric. Lily approached me, but I'm not sure if she wants to join Eric and beta boy's conversation or if she genuinely wants to help me. The former seems more likely.

Nik and a werewolf doctor named Blaze are friendly towards me. However, I usually don't initiate conversations beyond answering their random questions.

It's not the time for lighthearted topics like love and fun. I have my own priorities and goal of finding information about my mother.

I've discussed with Eric the importance of keeping my identity hidden, and he agreed. He advised me to be cautious and not involve myself in pack matters since I'm still a guest.

Eric goes to work every day except weekends, and the beta boy always accompanies him. They spend time together even after work, going out at night and returning together.

The beta boy seems jealous and possessive, despite Eric's attempts to include me. Eric won't get a chance to be alone because the beta boy is always with him.

It's a complicated relationship, and I don't particularly like it. I prefer a more carefree and trusting relationship.

As for Ace, my big badass wolf, he still hasn't shown up. It may take time, or he might be dealing with something significant. I can't predict his actions or concerns.

During the past week, I've learned the basic rules of the pack, explored the surroundings, but haven't ventured near the main pack house.

This building is quite distant from their main location and is surrounded by trees and a waterfall.

I have visited the waterfall every day since Eric showed it to me. He said it's his personal relaxation spot.

Sometimes, I wonder if he's interested in me??, but it doesn't matter since he already has the beta boy as his boyfriend.

On Friday evening, I left the building and checked Eric's room, but he wasn't there. Nik and Blaze were on a mission for the pack, so I was alone.

I went into the forest and sat on a cliff, enjoying the beautiful view. It reminded me of the peaceful times I spent in my father's castle.