Ch. 57. Requesting A Soul Bond

Eric (POV):

When I woke up, Dorian was sleeping next to me. I checked the clock and it was already 7 p.m. Despite feeling tired, seeing him sleep peacefully filled me with energy. I observed Dorian, devoid of worries, and realized that he had been enduring heartache and the burden of our connection for a long time. It was surprising to witness him so relaxed and calm. Our relationship has been marked by unimaginable events, and it's made me reflect on how much I've changed.

Eric: "Sleep well, my mate," I gently brushed his hair away from his forehead and traced his eyebrows. Randy was right, Dorian was flawless and handsome. I couldn't help but admire his long eyelashes. As I smiled at him, it finally dawned on me.

My thoughts: **Sigh! Why was I so blind to see him as my mate? The bond between mates is incredible; it instills faithfulness and loyalty. Just like how Bloody saw Ace. I wonder how other werewolves live their lives by rejecting their mates. Maybe they don't care or feel the same way we do?**

At that moment, I sensed someone slowly opening my door. I knew it was William. When he looked at me, I gestured for him to remain silent. I recognized the expression on William's face; he was searching for answers because I had previously confessed my love for him. Regardless, I had already become a terrible boyfriend to Dorian, so it wouldn't be a big deal for William if I turned into a player, a jerk, or even trash. I needed to reveal who my true mate was.

I left the room, and William followed me. We walked into the forest together. I stopped once we were far enough from our building.

Eric: "We need to have a serious conversation," I said to William, who looked at me with uncertainty.

William: "What was that I saw? Are you sleeping with him?" he asked, his voice filled with concern.

Eric: "William, I am sorry," I said, meeting his gaze.

William: "I don't understand what you mean by 'sorry'," he replied, his confusion evident.

Eric: "I can't love you anymore. I need to end it. I don't want this relationship anymore," I stated simply.

William: "What the f*ck!?" he exclaimed, his anger palpable.

Eric: "How do you feel about your mate?" I asked him.

William: "What?"

Eric: "About Ace, how do you feel about him?"

William: "Why are you asking?" he questioned me, his voice tinged with suspicion.

Eric: "You love your mate, right?" I inquired.

William: ".........Eric, why are you asking me about Ace? Your cheating on me has nothing to do with Ace. You-"

Eric: "Dorian is my mate."

William: "What?!" he was visibly shocked, even more so than I expected.

Eric: "It's Ace's plan. He didn't create a soul bond, so now we have separate souls and separate destinies. Even if we were to create a soul bond, I won't be your mate. It's game over," I said, my tone devoid of emotion.

Eric: "So, I have no choice but to apologize. I can't love you anymore."

He fell silent, lost in his thoughts, so I continued speaking.

Eric: "Don't act like you're the one who's sad. I am the one who has been hurt the most. I took care of you, loved you, gave you everything, and now your beloved Ace has taken everything away from me. And now he's taken you away from me. I can't change it; I have to face it. But it's not your fault either. It's because of your beloved Ace, so endure it," I said, my voice filled with resignation.