Ch. 18. Making a Deal

Bloody (POV)

I patiently waited for Eric to wake up so that I could discuss something that Ace had instructed me to do.

Ace had positioned Eric's body on the couch to give the illusion that his neck was broken, which was quite an unpleasant sight even for a vampire like myself.

After approximately 10 minutes, Eric finally stirred awake. His eyes gradually opened, and he appeared startled upon realizing that I had been watching him sleep.

In an attempt to reassure him, I spoke up, saying, "Relax, I won't bite you."

Eric responded, "But you did."

I felt silent, unsure of how to respond.

Eric then asked, "What happened to me?"

After a moment of contemplation, I replied, "You lost consciousness."

I knew it was a partial truth, so I didn't outright lie to him. Eric seemed slightly confused by my response.

I continued, "Eric, I need you to listen carefully. I saved your life, and now I require your assistance in saving mine."

His eyes widened as he looked at me, pondering my request. Eventually, Eric inquired, "How can I save you?"

In my mind, I affirmed that Ace had been correct.

I proceeded to explain, "You must conceal my true identity. I do not want you to expose me. I was once a prisoner, so can you keep this secret? You must not disclose any information about me or my existence to anyone."

Eric agreed, saying, "Sure, but could you at least tell me your name?"

I responded, "Bloody."

Internally, I thought to myself, ***Yes, my nickname is sufficient for you to know.***

Curiosity evident in his expression, Eric asked, "What are you? I cannot sense your presence."

I replied, "I am not certain myself. However, it appears that you should be grateful for that fact. Otherwise, your pack would detect my vampire presence on you, considering that I bit you and saved you."

Eric remained silent, absorbing the information. I continued, "There is one more thing I need your help with."

"Alright," he said. "Tell me."

"I want you to provide me with information about the current state of the vampire clan. I need to be informed, and you may need to conduct further investigations and gather information on my behalf," I explained.

Eric questioned, "Like a spy?"

"Yes," I confirmed.

He hesitated for a moment before responding, "It shouldn't be too difficult since I always acquire information at the pack house. However, I want to make it clear that I won't harm any werewolf or vampire for you."

"That won't be necessary," I assured him.

"Okay," Eric agreed.

I concluded, "And one last thing..."

Eric inquired, "What is it?"

"I will ask you about that later. It will be the final thing I ask of you," I stated.

"Alright, deal. I will leave now...but I will return tomorrow," Eric said.

"Okay," I replied.

He then departed.

________________________________________
🖤Give Votes & Share Original Wattpad Link To Get More Viewers🖤