Ch. 45. An Enchanting Kiss Amidst the Flowers

Eric (POV):

After finishing my work in the evening, I went to the library, hoping there wouldn't be an Alpha like earlier today.

I heard about Damian asking William to be his personal assistant. I didn't understand why he used the word "personal." We usually just call Alphas' assistants "assistant" here.

Damian's treatment of William bothered me. I didn't like him from the beginning, and now I clearly hated him. He even had Luna, and yet he was trying to mess with William as if he thought William was just a human.

I wanted to leave the pack by taking William with me, but also I realized that Damian wouldn't let go of William, and I might be the one who gets kicked out.

Besides, it's still safer for William to stay here than in other packs, and I'm not sure if changing packs would be a good idea. I need to hide my unnecessary anger because it's not good for either of us. I don't want William to be in danger because of me.

William: "Hey!" I was startled when he called me, lost in my thoughts.

Eric: "Oh, you're done?"

William: "Yeah, there's nothing to do but sit and look at the shelves. I've already read almost all the books, so I closed the library."

Eric: "Hmm... is that your hobby?"

William: "Part of my hobby... What about you, Eric?"

Eric: "My hobby?" He nodded.

Eric: "Doing nothing." I smiled as I replied.

William: "What! Really? Your hobby is like sleeping, isn't it?"

Eric: "No, I just enjoy looking around without doing any particular work. It's like resting my mind and brain for a while by doing nothing."

William: "What are the things you usually don't do?"

Eric: "Sometimes... when I'm stressed, I smoke and drink." I looked at him and continued.

Eric: "But I rarely have se__."

Dorain: "Hey, man!"

I saw Dorain and Lily walking towards us.

Dorain: "Is everything fine?"

Eric: "Yes... I haven't had to do any stupid missions these days, except for the daily meeting."

Dorain: "I missed you a lot." He wrapped around my shoulder with one of his arms, and we walked together.

Dorain and Lily were sent to Alpha Zach's pack for a week to try to convince their Alpha that his daughter passing out was an accident during a friendly fight.

To be exact, they were covering up the fact that I had caused Luna's condition.

Lily: "He was worried about you, Eric. When Alpha Zach asked who knocked out his daughter, Dorain said it was his idea that Luna was accidentally knocked out because he taught you how to knock out a stronger werewolf. The Alpha thought it made sense since Dorain is a skilled beta in fighting. He lied to save you."

Eric: "Really? Thanks." I smiled and thanked him.

William: "That Alpha is insane. It's a battle, so someone has to lose or win, or they might get hurt. What's wrong with him? He doesn't act like an Alpha."

Eric: "Yes... but what can I say? If he challenged me to a fight, I would definitely lose or die."

William: "Then die" He looked at me with dissatisfaction.

Dorain: "What did you just say, William?"

Eric: "I think he's joking." I smiled at Dorain, making it seem like William's statement was just a joke. But I knew he wasn't joking.