Ch. 29. Broken Friendship

Three days ago:

Dorian (POV)

I noticed that Eric was spending time with his girlfriend every day.  I decided to change the time when I went out with Lily..... so that Eric could join us.

But he refused to come, even after returning from his girlfriend's place.

Sometimes he seemed upset with someone, and he would get angry not only at Lily but also at me. It's not like him to act this way.

I can tell that his girlfriend has a strong influence on him and can manipulate his emotions.

Even his style of dressing has changed. He seems to like this type of girl who bites him and gives him hickeys and sex.

I wonder if she's a troublemaker who has control over him. He still doesn't like talking about her with me.

He's changing everything we had before as friends. But deep down, I still hope that he will open up to me about her or any problems he's facing.

So, I've decided to wait for him again. When I left my room, I saw Lily waiting for me.

Lily: "Are you going to wait for him again?"

Dorian: "Yeah, I think he's dealing with some issues on his own. So, I think he needs someone to talk to."

Lily: "Give him some space, and he will handle his own problems, Dorian. Don't worry so much. You know he got angry when we tried to get involved in his problem or to take him out."

Dorian: "I know him well, and he doesn't seem like himself lately. Something's really off."

Lily: "Maybe it's because of his girlfriend. You don't need to take care of him like that. He's not a child. He's a man who can solve his own problems."

Dorian: "Will you come with me?" I just looked at her and asked.

Lily: "No, not this time."

Dorian: "Well... I can't leave him like that..and what are best friends for?"

Lily: "Yeah, yeah, be a good friend. But don't forget to be a good boyfriend to me too."

Dorian: "Aren't I?"

Lily: "Not really." She leaned in and kissed me.

Then we went our separate ways.

------------------------------------------------------------

I'm tired of worrying about Eric, and he still hasn't opened up about his love life. It makes me angry.

Who does he think I am?

I had some alcohol and waited for him. He didn't show up until 9 p.m., so I thought about calling him.

But what if he's spending the night with his girlfriend? I'm not sure if I should text him or not.

I can't decide what to do about him lately. I'm not an expert at handling situations like this.

I feel like I'm chasing after him while he's running away from me.

I started thinking about my concern for him, and it made me upset and frustrated when he refused to talk or go out with me.

So now I'm thinking about what he really means to me. Just being best friends isn't enough to express how worried I am about him.

He's made me feel like I don't matter to him, like he doesn't care about me.

I opened the car door, sat in the seat, and smoked a cigarette while lost in my thoughts.