Ch. 51. Beautiful Distraction

Eric (POV):

It has been a week since William told me that he likes me. I was surprised by his words, but he didn't say that he loves me.

He opened up to me about his life, and I was shocked to learn that he was over a hundred years old, while the wolf within me was over three hundred years old.

He shared his personal struggles and the loss of his twin sister at the hands of his father's first wife. All this time, I had been providing him with information about vampires without fully understanding his own reasons because he had only mentioned that he was a prisoner and needed knowledge about vampires for his escape plan. That's all I knew.

It's not easy for him to live like this, especially since I now know he belongs to the royal vampire bloodline. If I were in his position, I'm not sure I could ever forgive my parents. He had been carrying all these burdens alone, and he mentioned that Ace was aware of everything.

So, I was the one left in the dark, unknowingly supporting him. I wondered what he intended to do with his life and, more importantly, how I could assist him.

Now I understood why he wanted to accompany me on missions and why he didn't refuse the idea of becoming Alpha Damian's personal assistant. He simply wanted to find information about his mother.

To my surprise, I discovered that the lord of the vampire clan was his half-brother. I had never seen him before, as only Alphas were invited to their vampire territory for the annual conference.

Even Dorian, who often attended meetings on behalf of his busy brother, hadn't met Volde. Dorian mentioned that he had met some vampires known as elders on a previous meeting.

Moreover, it seemed like the werewolves were unaware of Bloody's true identity as the vampire lord's son. The vampires deliberately kept this information hidden and instead portrayed him as a mere prisoner to others.

Typically, I had encountered ordinary vampires during my encounters in town. Werewolves and vampires rarely worked together in acts of violence, but rather focused on sharing information and discussing ways to ensure the safety of their respective packs and clans. We lived our separate lives.

I didn't pay much attention to them until I escaped from the hunters for the first time when the vampires attacked them on the way. I soon realized that dealing with vampires and werewolves could be quite challenging for someone like me who was just a new transformed werewolf.

However, despite the difficulties, I formed a few friendships and found solace in the presence of Bloody. They had become an integral part of my life. As I sat on a bench within the main pack house, engrossed in my thoughts and attempting to organize them, Randy suddenly called out my name, grabbing my attention.

Randy: "Hey there, Mr. Daydreamer! Lost in your own little world of confusion or boredom, huh? What's eating at your brain cells?"

Eric: "Oh, look who's back from his secret mission!"

Randy: "Yep, I'm back and ready to spill the beans."

Eric: "So, what's the mission this time?"

Randy: "Nothing much, just searching for a sneaky vampire in town", he grinned and sat beside me.

Eric: "Did you manage to find him?"

Randy: "Nope! Turns out, finding a vampire in a human-filled town is like searching for a needle in a haystack. Impossible, I tell ya!"

Eric: "Why is it so impossible? Do you have any info on this mysterious vampire?"

Randy: "This vampire is really good at disguising himself. The Alpha assistant said that vampire has no 'presence,' but still he can blend in perfectly with humans, especially in crowded places where we can't detect his 'no presence.' We don't have any clues if he's actually in this town or not."

Randy: "Our Alpha just wants to show off that we're actively hunting the enemy of the vampires. It's all a cover-up, my friend."

Eric: "Hmm, interesting. So, no hunter-killing missions for you?"

Randy: "Nah, this time it's a different kind of mission, more like regular work. But hey, at least you get a break from that."

Eric: "Yeah, it's weird. Damian used to give me those missions all the time. But lately, it seems like he forgot about me."

Randy: "Well, count yourself lucky then".

Randy: "Maybe he shifted his focus from you to someone else", he smirked at me.

Randy: "Look who's coming! Check out that handsome dude." he glanced at the person who was walking towards us from a distance.

Randy: "Admire his flawless skin, his swagger, and the aura of a cool guy. Did you see that smile he just gave us?", he winked.

Eric: "Huh?" I turned my gaze towards Dorian and then back to Randy.

Randy: "What? You don't see the charm? You're missing out, buddy!" He looked at me with a questioning expression.

Randy: "Now I get why you were so messed up when we met at the club. Dorian is perfect, and William is cute, except for his intense stare at me. I think he hates me", he grinned at me.

Eric: "Hey, ease up on William. He's just being friendly. He might have misunderstood something about you."

Randy: "Alright, alright, no more William talk. But I have to say, he is your perfect distraction, he's quite the eye cand___"

Eric: "Hey, cut it out!", I interrupted him.

Dorian: "Hmm, what's all the fun about while I was away with my work?"

Eric: "Don't worry, we were just having our usual talks while you were busy with your papers."

Lily: "Hey, guys! Can we go grab something to eat? Where's William?"

Eric: "He said he has work to do", I replied.

Lily: "I see. So, can we go now?", she glanced at Dorian.

Dorian: "Let's go, everyone", he looked at me and smiled.

We left the place. Dorian and Lily were walking ahead of us. Randy was jokingly talking to me.

Randy: "Where we were talking about, Eric? Oh, right, about your perfect distraction!", he teasingly pointed to a tree nearby beyond Dorian.

Eric: "Cut it out!", I grabbed Randy's shoulder and playfully put him in a headlock.

Randy: "Let me g__", I covered Randy's mouth with my hand.

There, we saw Alpha Damian and William walking through the corridor.

William looked at me and Randy as Damian quickly glanced at our group from above and walked towards his office.

I let go of Randy and looked at William, he smiled and waved, as if he knew we were going out to eat lunch. Then, he followed the Alpha.

My thought: ***What the heck this s*cker is commanding to William?***

Randy: "Hey, calm down. It's probably just their work," he patted my shoulder. We left the pack house but each step felt heavy to me.

_________________________________________
🖤Author Note: Give Votes if you enjoyed reading this🖤