Ch. 59. Ace Meets Dorian / A Present For You

Dorian (POV)

My flirty mate has been difficult to catch up with - I've had trouble understanding his feelings and predicting his actions.
However, he can also be very charming and playful. I know he's been trying to be open with me because I'm his mate, and I'm grateful for that. But I'm confused because it seems he's been flirting with a female vampire. I'm not sure what he's thinking, and he hasn't wanted to discuss it with me in more detail.

Still, I believe in him. I'm not sure where this confidence comes from, but I trust that he won't hurt me or leave me.

Watching his back from a distance, I can see that he's really good at running. I know I couldn't catch him if I don't use my inner wolf power. So I used that power to make a big jump and tackle him to the ground, ending up hovering over him.

Eric: "Ouch! It hurts," he murmured.

Dorian: "I got you," I laughed, taking deep breaths as I was exhausted.

Dorian: "Hahh, you've become really good at running away," I told him, touching and tracing his jawline as he closed his eyes, also exhausted.

Eric: "Yeah, it's been a while since I haven't run like this," he opened his eyes and looked at me.

Dorian: "Don't move!" I told him.

Eric: "Hmmm?," his eyes questioned me.

Dorian: "You look good in this position," I smiled, touching his facial features as he looked at me without saying a word.

Dorian: "These eyes, which I love the most, are also scary and made me lost sometimes," I traced my thumb over his eyebrows.

Dorian: "And these lips, which I'm attracted to and trust the most, yet they sometimes give the words that hurt me," I touched his lips.

Eric: "Don't kiss them, then," he smiled at me.

Dorian: "How dare you say that?" I narrowed my eyes.

Eric: "Tell me it again," he asked me.

Dorian: "What do you mean 'it'?" I asked him.

Eric: "You know those words," he gave me hints.

Dorian: "Wanna hear?" I asked him, and he nodded.

Dorian: "Then give me a kiss," I requested, and he laughed.

Eric: "Come," he pulled my face and gave me a sweet, deep kiss.

Eric: "Tell me now," he asked me again.

Dorian: "Okay..." I looked into his eyes.

Dorian: "I love you."

Eric: "Oh my God!" he smiled brightly, and I knew he enjoyed hearing it.

Eric: "I can't believe it, and I really love it," he told me.

Dorian: "What the hell, you should tell me 'I love you too' instead."

Eric: "I...I'm trying," he told me the truth, and I knew it.

Dorian: "I know...Just let you know that I love you," I told him, and he pulled me down to hug me.

Dorian: "I know you need time to fix your feelings. I'm very glad that you're mine," I told him, sinking my face into his neck.

Eric: "Dorian...Listen to me carefully..." he told me seriously, so I looked at his face again.

Dorian: "Yes?" I gave him my attention.

Eric: "I give you a promise that I will be yours," he told me those words I had been waiting for.

Dorian: "Always and Forever?" I asked him for sure.