Chapter 1

Confessions

Waiting has never really been an enjoyable pastime, for me at least. Wasting time over a matter that could have ended in half or less, losing patience as a weary clock dramatically ticks in the background. The infuriating feeling of waiting behind someone in a line that leads to the restrooms, knowing that if your bladder pleads you one last time like an angry friend, you'd be in a shitload of trouble. I may be over exaggerating, but when you've been waiting for years, slowly growing accustomed to the constant shivers that would run through your body as that special someone crossed your mind you get kind of annoyed.

I have been getting impatient with my hypothetical feelings for Nick, never giving them the satisfaction to just spill out of my heart onto the floor for the world to see and show that they truly exist. The only solution I could think of, at the end of every school day, was to eventually confess. Except I would make the wobbly knee confession a complete failure. I didn't want Nick to think I was serious, my own self esteem would drown me before I could wait for a reply.

A letter, which had been labeled as "The World's Worst Way To Confess," according to Teen Vogue was the only choice I had. All the latest issues were spread abundantly across my mono-toned study. All the different cover arts creating a masterpiece of their own with an abundance in colors and super models. My confession is bound to fail if I use a letter, there is no possible way a publishing company would allow that article to come out without any evidence, right?

His happiness I observe from afar, is enough for my beating heart.

The sound of my pencil scratching away at the paper caused my ears to start pounding. My forehead was glistening with sweat as my nerves took over, shocked at the sudden change of emotion I quickly stood up. Walking over to my bathroom I took in the sight being reflected off the mirror, shivers traveling through my body as I realized that my feelings were stronger than expected. Nick actually meant something more to me than a simple, girly, high school crush. Turning on the faucet I placed both of my hands under the cold stream of water letting the liquid fill up my hands. Bending over so my face was mere inches away from the water, taking in a breathe I threw the water on my face. The coldness through the sensitivity of my skin caused me to shiver. Instantly feeling refreshed, I turned the water off and pat dried my face.

As I exited the bathroom feeling the sudden change of tile to carpet, stopping in my tracks as I caught eye of the letter. Sitting patiently on my study haunting the room with it's aura, butterflies erupting in my stomach. I was thinking of him. Trying to feel his presence in the room. Closing my eyes and unconsciously imagining him, gently wrapping his arms around my waist placing his head on the crook of my neck, his hair tickling my ear. Sighing in content, I felt the subtleness of a blush creep onto my cheeks. I was utterly and irrevocably fucked.

*

The night had taken over me after my imagination of Nick, I was starting to develop second thoughts on the whole botched confessin ordeal I was planning. That morning, I woke up feeling nauseous with an even worse case of sweaty hands. The nerves building up in me were enough to force me to stay in bed, but I knew it was now or never. I had to mail the letter out and say goodbye to Nick. However never wasn't a choice I hadn't the leisure to make.
Sitting up in my bed, the uncomfortable feeling roaming within me shifted from my stomach to my bladder. Groaning, I stood up relieved as the soft carpet touched the soles of my feet. Making my way over to the restroom across the hall from my room, I opened the door and relieved my bladder along with taking a hot shower to calm the nerves from causing me to chicken out. Changing into my undergarments, and one of the three uniforms I owned, I was set for commuting to school. Grabbing my backpack off of the bed and heading to the front door. Taking one last breath before opening the door and making my way out and down the small flight of stairs.

Down the street I walked, closing out all conversation from the noisy streets to only refrain the sounds of nature from disappearing, which was magic itself being in New York. Momentarily listening to the pigeons coo to each other probably conversing about the nice meals they get from restaurant dumpster droppings. Laughing at my ability to personificate just about anything and noticing I had reached the metro station. Having an instant ride pass allowed me to skip the lines for purchasing a boarding ticket. Sliding into the train, I sat down by the door, determined to get in and out before the trampling could even start. As more people piled into the cart, every seat was soon filled with a good eight people left standing. I observed the eight and smiled as I noticed a granny carrying two grocery bags. Immediately I stood up and politely asked the granny to take my seat. The train had started to move, and I was finally at ease before the day could begin. I took my phone out and plugged my earbuds in after battling them in a war of entanglement. Scrolling through my metro playlist and deciding on listening to "Calm after the Storm" by Nicolai Bertoli. Staring at the other passengers, my eyes fell specifically on the seven that were left standing, the guy next to me was wearing what I would be crazy enough to call a sheepish grin. I shifted on the balls of my feet as the guy moved closer, being less than arm lengths away from me. I could hear his deep intakes of breath as if he were smelling something, or more precisely me? I leaned against the door which was highly frowned upon, but I needed to put some extra space between him and I, enough to not seem rude yet feel comfortable. He took my retreat as a sign to move CLOSER, my breath hitched as he turned around so his back was practically pressed against me. His right hand reached back and grazed my thigh slightly, and my instincts caused me to push him with all my might right into the back of someone standing across from us. The man who assaulted me coughed and rushed towards the back of the train, leaving me dumbfounded by the whole encounter.

That literally just happened.

Pulling my skirt down, and patting my hair down to calm myself I made eye contact with the guy who was pushed by my assaulter. "I'm sorry," I said looking down at my legs, tugging at the material so that it would cover my thighs more, "I- I didn't, I mean it wasn't... nevermind." I looked up from my legs to face the person, losing my balance almost immediately.

Nick

"It's fine." He said in a mere whisper, looking around at all the people who had fallen asleep then turning around again. All those rumors were true after all, he was back. The rumors were what sparked my feelings to get ahold of me, and end up writing the stupid nerve wrecking letter. Blinking twice I pulled myself together and smiled at him, I didn't need him thinking I was a creep, for staring like a fool. In silence we continued our commute to school noticing he had on our school's uniform. I had made up my mind, I was going to get to school before him no matter the cost. After our short encounter, I was still determined to confess. Instead of mailing the letter, I'll hand it to him personally. I didn't have the guts to do it right here and now since my mind was still fogged by the creep who had touched my leg. But I was going to get that letter to him, I just had too.

Word from the Author

Lovelies, welcome to My Stolen Kiss Meta Version. I'm the author Yelling_Nothing, and I feel it overdue to thank all the readers of My Stolen Kiss Beta. As I tried editing the chapters I didn't feel content with the story, I found it a little boring considering it was 70+ chapters long. With this rewritten version, I not only want to increase my writing capability, but expand my vocabulary use as well.

The story will be somewhat different from the original one, I will be permanently changing each chapter. Excuse the sudden change in style but I've matured since the original version. I plan on uploading once a week. Please don't not hold me accountable if I don't upload exactly 7 days from now.

Overall, please show your love and support for this new version. Happy Reading ^.^

P.s Sorry for the extraness that is this Author's Note