ㅇ Health Problems ㅇ

Author's Note
My lovelies, thank you for the support, I have decided to make every chapter more than 1000 words this book is going to be very interesting HeHe Happy Reading. ^.^

Chapter 36

----------------------
In Kaitlin's POV
I saw Nick walking down a large sidewalk that goes through a park. I am currently hiding behind a tree, every chance I get I run to a tree closer to him, there has been times when he turns around, but I just act as if I'm walking the opposite direction. Watching endless episodes of detective gadget really effects a person.

"It's so obvious that you are following me." He said, but he didn't turn around. I froze.

Shit.

"Ah, hahahahah... UM I just wanted to accompany you to the front of the school." I said, but my laugh was way too awkward. He still didn't turn around he continued to walk. I stopped to see the pond we were passing by, it was a good size, but It was missing life, I couldn't see ducks or pigeons. I turned to see Nick almost out of my sight, I ran towards him, but I stopped half way, there was a pain on my lower right rib cage area.

"Ouch, ooh ow ow ow." I said out loud, I tried shaking it off, so I continued to follow Nick. I probably have too much air in my lungs, you know that piercing feeling you get when you run.

***

"Wow everyone looks so smart." I said out loud looking at the people around me. Walking at a speedy pace as if nothing else mattered, it seemed as if they were concentrating on every step they took, very spooky. Nick looked back at me and stopped. He furrowed his eyebrows at me. "What?" I asked, looking at him.

"Why are you walking so weirdly?" He asked.

"I'm walking weird? Really? No it's normal." I said.

"You look sick too." My smile was gone, I really didn't feel good, but I need him to go to school right now and not get distracted, I just need him to concentrate like everyone else.

"Ah, I'm just nervous." I said quickly.

"Why are you nervous?" He asked, we were standing in the middle of a plaza, talking. "I'm the one who is going to take the exam." He turned around and started walking again. I immediately placed my hands on the lower rib cage. What should I do? I've never had pain in my stomach like this. But I can't, not while I haven't seen Nick pass the front gate to the school. We were now across the street from the school. I was still behind Nick. I don't want him to worry.

"Hey are you really alright?" Nick said looking back at me.

"Uh, Of course, good luck on your exam." I said, the light turned green and Nick started to walk across. I was bending down now, my stomach was burning. I fell to the ground, with a whimper. I was clutching onto my stomach.

"What happened?!" A asked me. "Anyone! Help." The woman started yelling. Before I could manage what was happening I blacked out.

In Nick's POV

"Anyone! Help." I heard a person yelling from across the street, I turned around and saw four people hovering over a person, but I saw that the person had a red sweater on. I looked around, to see Kaitlin, but she wasn't there. I ran to the other side. As I reached the traffic light, I stopped as I saw the person lying on the floor. It was Kailtin.

"Excuse me!" I said moving people out of the way. I put one of my arms under Kaitlin's knees and the other on her back.

"Uh Excuse me. THE Hospital. Where is the hospital?" I asked out loud.

"I think there is one that way." One of the woman said pointing. I quickly started rushing in that direction carrying Kaitlin.

In Kaitlin's POV

I couldn't move, but I could barely see that Nick was holding me.

"Nick Please go back to the exam,"

I tried saying, but I only thought these words.

"Nick you are going to be late. Your family, they are all rooting for you, please go back. "

***

"Kaitlin."

"Kaitlin." I started to slowly open my eyes, I could see three figures hovering over me. I could tell it was two men and a woman.

"Father." I said to the man wearing a blue shirt, who was in fact my dad, "Uncle, Aunt." I said to the others, which was Mrs. Louis and her husband. "Why?. . . Why am I here?" I said with a rusty voice.

"Are you okay Kaitlin?" I heard Mrs. Louis ask.

"You have acute appendicitis. But you are fine now since they gave you medicine, you will be able to go home once your IV is finished." My father said.

"I'm glad you're alright Kaitlin." I heard Mr. Louis say. I started to lift my torso so that I could sit up. Mrs. Louis helped me,

"What about Nick?" I said looking around the room.

"When we got here he was already gone." Mrs. Louis said to me, I looked down. Did he make it on time? I hope he did. This is all my fault, if he didn't make it. I would never forgive myself.

"So he might be in the middle of the exam right now, that's a relief," I said out loud. "If he couldn't take this exam because of me, I would worry about his future."

"Kaitlin, you care about Nick the most, when you are suffering like this." Mrs Louis said holding my hand.

"Are you talking about me?" I heard a deep voice say, I looked up to see Nick standing in the doorway.

"Nick! Aren't you supposed to be taking the exam?" Said Mr. Louis pointing at him. Nick started to walk into the room.

"I was hungry, so I went out to get some food." He said making his way around the bed.

"Then what about the exam, and the university?" Mrs. Louis said leaning over the bed.

"University? I didn't take the exam." He said like if nothing was wrong. Everyone stayed in silence, I was starting to whimper. Trying to hold in my frustration, I focused on my hands to only see them get blurred out by my tears.

"No way. . . No way." I kept repeating trying to manage what just happened. My father made his way around the bed, he got on his knees

"L, I'm really sorry, because of my daughter your son had difficulties." Mr Louis went over to my father.

"No please, raise your head. It was Nicks decision." While everyone was talking I looked up to Nick he was staring back at me. I had no expression on my face he didn't either. It wasn't awkward, it's like I was asking him Why. Because of me the worst thing happened to the Louis family.

Because of me, Nick won't have the future he deserves.

Authors Note
I hoped you liked it Happy Reading ^.^