ㅇ Reunion ㅇ

Author's Note
I can't wait for the whole story to be finished Happy Reading ^.^
( edit) lol now I can't wait to finish editing

Chapter 27

----------------------
In Kaitlin's POV
"We usually go to the mountains or beach during the summer." Said Mrs. Louis. "I'm so bored this year." She added while cleaning the table. I was somewhat confused right now, why didn't they just go on vacation?

"You didn't hear from your father?" Mr. Louis said. I shook my head. "There is a class reunion for our junior high, so we are going back to Manhattan." He added.

"I didn't know that." I said receiving the picture he handed to me.

"That's why we can't have a family trip this summer." Mrs. Louis said. He probably noticed my confusion.

"You should go with them." I said looking at her.

"I can't leave you children alone." She said looking at me and her two sons.

"Sorry." Mr. Louis said while Mrs. louis left the dining room

"Thank you for the dinner." Luke said getting up.

"Thank you." Nick said getting up also. When they left I went to the kitchen to find Mrs. Louis.

"Mrs. Louis I would like to help you." I said grabbing the dishes off the table.

"Thank you, Kaitlin." She said while closing the refrigerator. "Then, can you wash the dishes?" She asked. I was more than happy to, if she wanted me to then let it be done.

"Sure, " I said turning the water on.

"I will prepare tomorrow's lunch for you and Nick." She said getting some ingredients out.

"Thank you as always." I said referring to her making lunch for me

"You leave so early in the morning. So it's easier if I prepare it at night." She added. Once I was done with the dishes I starred at Mrs. Louis' actions, she was taking out all the ingredients and the cutting board.

"Well, Mrs. Louis..." I said grabbing her attention, from the spread of fruit and vegetables.

"Yes?" she answered.

"Do you think you can teach me how to cook?" I asked looking at her.

"Sure, but your father is a professional chef." She said. "I don't know if I'm the best candidate. I'm sure you would rather get taught by him."

"You are right...but I want to learn how to make home cooked food or maybe, food with a mother's touch. I do not want to learn how to cook for an income." I said she stopped what she was doing and looked at me.

"You want to learn "the Louis family's cooking?" She asked smiling from ear to ear. I started to laugh awkwardly. "Kaitlin, you still like Nick, don't you?" She asked turning her whole body to me. I laughed awkwardly again scratching the nape of my neck.

"Why do-o you think-k that?" I asked, she smiled.

"I can tell by looking at you, you should marry into our family." She added. Of course I could tell her how much I want to, how much I want Nick to be mine and no one else's. How much I hate myself for loving him.

"I'm not good enough for him." I said trying to continue with my smile. I know he rather marry or be the boyfriend of a beautiful, thin, tall, smart girl.

"Well, when I married my husband...I was 19, there were many people who proposed to me, they were all handsome, rich and young, but you know how my husband looks, and he was much older than me. Plus he just started his business, so he didn't have money either. My parents objected our relationship." She said with a sigh.

"But you chose Mr. Louis...Why did you do that?" I asked.

"He was honest, hardworking, and he really cared about me, it wasn't my lineage, money or young age...It was I whom he loved, you remind me of my husband." She said looking at me. "Back in those days." She added.

***
"Congratulations!" We all said in unison.

"To celebrate Nick's first place in the tennis competitions...Cheers!" Mr. Louis said.

"Cheers!" Luke, Nick and I were the only ones drinking apple juice the adults were drinking wine. "Please sit down, lets Eat!" He added.

"Nick is amazing, you are not only smart, but can play tennis well, and won three years consecutively!" MY father said.

"Well...Yes," Nick said.

"You don't even have to practice. I'm amazed." He added.

"It's simple, I learn the opponent's habit, or pattern, as soon as possible. Then I can calculate where the ball will go." Nick said to my father,

"Nick isn't cute at all, is he?" Mrs. Louis said. "His brains probably terrify people." She said, I cracked up when I heard this, I could just imagine Nick arguing over Rowstow's model of development. From the far fetched corner of my peripheral vision, I could see Nicks fowl face expression towards my laughing. I immediately calmed myself down, allowing my father to speak.

"He is also very smart, he doesn't look like his dad at all, but he has your brains." My dad said looking at Mr. Louis.

"I wasn't as smart as he is." Mr. Louis said laughing. "Remember how I was in junior high?" He asked my father, reminiscing the past memories he shared with my father .

"It really brings back good memories." My dad said, as if he had just read my mind.

"I am excited, about tomorrows reunion." Mr. Louis added.

"Everyone will probably be late." My father said signifying how everyone from his school has grown up, become successful and hopefully matured enough to be busy people.

Author's Note
Sorry for the whole dialog I promise it'll get more interesting. Happy Reading ^.^