ㅇPractice

Authors Notes
The quotes give me the feels. Happy Reading ^.^

"When I got home, I saw many bruises on my thighs and shins..." ~Kaitlin Jackson
Chapter 49
---------------------

When I went to tennis practice, the first person to greet me was Nick, well not exactly 'greet', his expression made me shiver, his frosted eyes were sending me mixed signals, the only evitable emotion I could make out was anger.

"You're late!" He yelled, my focus went down to my shoes suddenly at this moment they became so interesting. I feel bad, when he's mad at me, the sudden pressure to make him happy or at least not angry was growing by the second.

"Wait Nick, Jackson never finished her performance test, so I can't let her play tennis on the courts. She has to collect balls." Sam said walking over to us.

"But we only have one week!" Nick said to him. I crossed my arms and tapped my foot, while looking at Sam, is he being serious right now?

"The rules are the rules. Jackson why are you standing there doing nothing? Please collect the balls!" Sam yelled.

"No!" I answered back. Sam made his way over to me, and pulled my arm. He was leading me out the court, probably to lecture me on "court etiquette," and how the coach is always the boss.

"You're not taking her anywhere," Nick said pulling my hand which surprisingly made Sam's hand get off of my arm.

"She's going to pick up the balls then, right?!" Sam asked looking at me, I sighed and gave up.

"Yes." I said slowly walking towards the ocean of tennis balls. I turned around to look at Nick. "I'm sorry." I said to him.

***
"Seven, Eight, Nine." I said while picking up the balls, usually when I hit nine, 2 or 3 fall back onto the floor. When I was going to pick the 10th ball. Some one hit the ball basket toppling it over. The balls made their way to me, making me lose my balance and topple over. Nick was standing by the basket.

"What are you doing?!" I said to him, rubbing my bottom.

"Don't close your eyes, don't look at the ground when you pick up the balls, you have to keep your eyes open. Move your body towards the direction the ball is coming from. Understood?" He said to me. I had my mouth open, I could feel the dryness. I nodded my head.

"Yes," I said. "Open my eyes, look at the balls." I said to myself.

***

After the tennis club hours ended, I started to walk off the court, rubbing my bottom from its wielded encounter with the floor. I picked up my bag and made my way to the locker room, before I could enter my collar was pulled.

"You'll start your training now." Nick said to me. I sighed.

"But I'm exhausted, like you said I opened my eyes and looked at the balls, I got hit by them plenty of times." I said looking at him.

"But you don't have a choice, since we can't practice during club hours. Keep in mind we have to practice in the morning too." He said walking back to the courts.

***

It was really dark, there were some lights on, but I couldn't really tell, my focus was not on the lights at all. Nick was currently making me run suicide laps, we had previously finished some swing training. He said I need more muscles in my thighs, so that flexing them during a game would make me feel as light as a piece of bread. Not his words exactly, but it's what I understood.