ㅇ Luck ㅇ

Author's note
Hey, well have fun with this chapter. Happy reading.^.^

Chapter 5
----------------------

Everyone's mouth was open, my father and I were on the break of tears, all the memories I had of my mom were gone. All of my elementary school certificates, the paper we call memories which show an event in our lives. Also know as pictures were gone.

" It got destroyed by a shooting star?" I asked but mostly stated.

(What's happening right now is in the perspective of watching the news)

News 7:00

" Today at noon, a part of one of the meteors from the meteor shower a couple of days ago fell and destroyed a house in Brooklyn." Said the male spokesperson.

"My daughter asked me what that was..." Said my dad on the news.

"We interviewed the victim, Shane Jackson." Said the spokesman.

"It fell next into our house in a twinkle. It rattled and it just simply went down to pieces." He started to tear up."It just collapsed." He said sobbing. "Well, luckily everyone was outside." He sighed." My deceased wife would have saved us." He said tearing up again. "We worked hard to built that house. We don't have any other place to go."

"According to investigation, the meteor remain was only 3 feet long in diameter, an expert says the meteor debris was of a small significance. And that the condition of the building was the cause of the collapse."

"Next news."

END of News perspective
Back at Kaitlin's father's restaurant

The phone rings. The restaurant is called Jackson. The phone rings again. There is a sign on the door that reads 'Special Break' .

The ringing stopped.

"Ah, sorry we are on a special break today." Said Omar, My dad's sous chef. "Yes, please visit us next time." He said while hanging up the phone. My dad was sitting on a chair looking depressed. I grabbed a beer and said.

"Cheer up dad." I handed him the beer.

"I worked hard up to these days." He said.

"We can do it again." I Said trying to help.

" How am I supposed to run this restaurant?" He grabbed the drink." I spent all my money on that house." He drunk a bit of the liquid. " I can't even rent a room." He changed his expression. "I mean.. A rock, not even a fire or an Accident. How ridiculous." He said while taking another drink. "I have the worst of luck."

"That's not true. You are full of luck. Well, if the star had fallen after we went in, we might have all died." I sighed rubbing my dads back." Even if we were to survive, if you got your arms hurt, you won't be able to cook anymore. Then this restaurant would come to an end. Right?" I smiled and said. " And here we are with no trace of wounds at all." I pulled out a chair. "We should be thankful. Can you think of a luckier thing than this?" I sat next to him." We were really lucky." I said. He turned around to face me.

"You really are like your mom." I giggled while smiling, I could only remember my moms optimism. "Your mom was really easygoing too." My eyebrows furrowed.

"Easygoing? Isn't there a better word than that?" I asked, we both laughed. "Anyhow, what would be the possibility of getting hit by a shooting star?" I Asked mostly to myself.

"Shooting star? It was remains of a meteor ." He said.

"Well it's more romantic to think of it as a shooting star." I told him." It feels like something special will happen in the future."

"My gosh you really are after your mom." He told me.

The phone rang. Omar picked it and said. "This is Jacksons......Yes." He added. He made a face and said. "Excuse me? Could you hold for a second?" He placed the phone down and said." Sir, there's someone who'd like to speak to you." Omar told father.

"Okay." He said getting up from the chair and heading towards the phone. " This is Jackson, I'm sorry for the.......Huh?" He said. "L? How have you been? Everything's fine?, oh I should have asked that myself." He continued to talk with L while I asked.

"L?"

From the anime?

Author's note
I hope you are wondering who is L.
Cote! Vote and comment!