Déjà Vu

Authors Note
I'm trying to update faster!!!
I have testing, so I apologize.

"I'll go look for him." ~ Kaitlin Jackson.

Chapter 72
---------------------

When I've finally enter the house, my feet were killing me. I kicked off my shoes and put on slippers. I heard a voice in the living room, living with curiosity will in fact one day kill me.

"Yes," he said, it was Nick. "That's fine. I will see you tomorrow.. . I'm looking forward to it." He hung up the phone and walked in my direction.

"I'm home." I said with a smile.

"Welcome back," he said not even making eye contact.

"Are you going on a date tomorrow? Oh, I'm sorry. It's none of my business is it?" I said. He had turned around and saw me.

"Yes, we're going to the Otosoma square, there'll be a solo show opening reception for an artist Ch. Peter supports." He said.

"Right."

"Are you going to follow me again? Let me guess, you'll pretend to clean the toilets at the party."

***

The next day

I was in the canteen with Sasha and Jade, through this whole fiasco, it had finally hit me. Nick was moving on. I was fine with it, until I actually had the time to sit and think. Out of all the years I've shared my love with him, the same love I have for my father, and my mother. Yet he doesn't appreciate one single bit of it.

"Tada!" I saw a bowl in front of me. I turned around and saw Keith, "doesn't it look delicious? Go ahead, eat this and cheer up." He said.

"We told him about your problem with Nick," Jade said. I was grateful for another friend who can console me.

"All we can say now is that he is in fact dating her." I whispered.

"Here, have some." Sasha said, pulling the bowl towards me.

"You would feel better if a heartless person like Louis got married, good riddance, right?" Keith said.

"I just. . . I know it's just my imagination, but lately, I felt that the distance between Nick and I got closer." I looked down. "That's why I can't accept the reality yet."

"I know, no matter what happened I thought you guys would end up together." Jade said.

"Jade! It's rude to say that to her now. Nick is getting along with the girl." Sasha said.

"That's right." Jade bowed her head.

"This time around, it's not like before, because an arranged marriage is between two families. You can't jus say 'I don't like her anymore,' and just quit." Sasha added

"That means Nick is aware of that, but he still wants to move on." Jade added.

"You're right." I said to them.

"Ah, let's eat." Sasha said, I could tell she wanted to distract me from this.

***

"Nick is late," Mrs. Louis said, every now and then I would stretch my head to see the doorway.

"I'll go look for him." I said tapping on my mug.