Punished

Authors Note
I'm glad, all of you liked the previous chapter. ^.^ OMG YOU GUYS GIVE A HUGE HUG TO niyati_2000 she made the trailer on top. Thank you!!

"I think I'm being punished," ~Kaitlin Jackson

Chapter 71
---------------------

"I'm sorry for all the rude things my mother said back there." Nick said.

"It's okay, I can tell your mother likes her. The woman who lives with you." Stacey said.

"She's the daughter of my dads best friend. Our families are friends," he said. I could tell he was trying to make it clear. "That's why my mom said such things. But the person who likes her isn't me. It's my mother."

"I hope your mother likes me too. Ah, but before that. I hope you can like me, Nick." Stacey said.

"Does that mean you like me?" He asked.

"Since the moment we met in front of the elevator." She said.

"What a coincidence, it's the same for me." They started walking again.

"I'm pissed. Look at their mood. Hey you, what happened to strategy one?" Elizabeth asked.

"Yes, roger." I said, I started running towards my destination. "Strategy number one is the sprinklers. When they get close to this contraption, we'll turn it on. Then her clothes will get soaked and she will have to go home." I said.

"Isn't it to simple?"she asked.

"A simple method works better." And with that we went around the tree and stood in our positions, Elizabeth told me when to turn the sprinkler on, but it didn't work.

"What are you doing? They already passed!" She exclaimed, I walked over to the sprinkler.

"What's going on? I hit the thing, and It blew off, water started spraying onto Eli and I. We screamed, the water was getting in my mouth. Since I couldn't see I started coughing, which made me stop screaming.

"Dummy!" Elizabeth yelled, I saw her current state she was drenched, just like me.

"Let's pull ourselves together and try strategy 2!" I said standing up.

"All of our strategies are something an elementary student would do." Elizabeth said to me, I held the cage of critters, careful and I showed them to her.

"But aren't they disgusting?" I said,

"They are." She cringed.

"Well, when that Stacey girl comes over here I will throw these on her, then she will scream and fall in the water." I said signaling to the tiny bridge.

"Serves her right, " she said.

"but don't you think this is too much?" I asked.

"Geez. You are a real pushover, aren't you? That's why Nick has never turned to you." Elizabeth said,

(P.S finally someone tells her!
Comment your favorite emoji!!)

"I have nothing to say back to you,"

"I feel the same, ah! Hurry look, they're coming," she said, I looked up and sure enough Nick was walking towards our direction,

"Ah!! Wait, wait. " I said trying to open the cage full of caterpillars, I was wearing gardening gloves, and let me tell you. I struggled. Once I had the creepy crawly, in my hand I threw it, and it landed on her shoulder. She screamed,

"Don't worry, I'm here." Nick said taking the bug off her shoulder and wrapping his arm around her.

"What?" Elizabeth and I said in unison. Nick threw the bug over to us, and in a second, Elizabeth fainted.

***

I walked into the kitchen, I felt a strange sensation in the bridge of my nose, I sneezed.

"Kaitlin, you've had some bad water accidents today, " Mrs, Louis said.

"I think I'm being punished," I said to her.

"You're talking about Stacey right? Sure, she's on the edge of beautiful." And like with every other girl that comes across Nick she had a picture of Stacey.

"When did you take that?!" I asked, even though I clearly knew the answer.

"But she is not Nicks type at all. Nick needs stimulation in his life. Stacey being a girl too quiet and pretty, Nick will surely get unsatisfied." She added.

"But. . . I can tell they really like each other, their feelings are mutual." I whispered. She didn't seem to here me.

"Not only that, but I made an impression of a bad mother in law. I'm sure Ch. Peter is furious, I don't think he'll hand over his precious granddaughter to a family with a mean mother in law like me. I bet they will be the first ones to refuse this marriage." As if on cue the phone in the living room started ringing. We rushed over, but before we even entered the room, Nick had answered the phone.

"Chairman Peter?" He asked, Pearl and I waited on the other side. A silence was present giving the impression that Sir Peter was talking. "I apologize for what my mom did today. . . I see. . . That's fine with me. . . Yes, please." He hung up, Mrs Louis ran into the living room.

"Who was it?" Mrs Louis asked, I decided to stay on the other side.

"It was mr. Peter, he said Stacey liked me. So he's moving forward. I agreed," I have to stop, I can't keep punishing myself like this.

"Nick!!" She argued.

"I like her! So please, don't try anything else." I walked into the living room and completely ignored Nick, I started walking up the stairs. I could feel his gaze piercing a hole through my head. "You too," I stopped in my tracks. "It was way to obvious." I continued walking up and entered my room.

3 weeks have passed, I was walking to school with Elizabeth.

"Since then, Stacey calls him quite often. They go dates many times a week. Mrs Louis gets frustrated because Nick come home late." I said to her.

"I see,"

"There's nothing we can do, there's nothing we should do." I sighed.

"But. . . If I have to give Nick up to someone. I wish it was you." I looked up at her.

"Huh?"

"Because if it was you, he would regret it eventually. He would think, 'I should have chosen Elizabeth back then." I was confused.

"Are you making fun of me?" I asked.

"I feel like I lost to that Stacey girl because she didn't even fight or broke a sweat at all. But in your case, I admit to your effort. What you've been doing is so useless, but you try as mush as possible. You make me laugh." I frowned.

"Leave me alone," I whined.

"I know. . . That's you've kissed him." She said.

"Oh. But, that was. . ." I shouldn't even try explaining, and she knew that.

"I'm rooting for you." She said, she kept walking.

"What was that?" I said.

Authors Note
How do you Like Elizabeth's and Kaitlin's new growing friendship? Happy Reading ^.^