Fate

Author's note

Guys!! I'm back again with another Chapter!! Two more to go ^.^

"Only pregnant woman crave, I feel like eating french toast." - Kaitlin Jackson

~ Slightly Edited ~

Chapter 75

----------------------

As I walked outside, I thought I would feel awkward. I had accepted the fact that my fate has changed. I won't run from it. I'll embrace whatever comes my way.

"I'm sorry, for my grandfathers attitude he was being really rude." Stacey said as she sat down.

"Don't worry. It didn't bother me." I sat down as well, we placed our iced tea on the coffee table.

"To be honest, my grandfather and I are jealous of you." She said.

"What of me?" I asked

"Yeah of course, its because you've lived with Nick for more than two years."

"- Well yes."

"And Nick's mother likes you, too. That's why we are envious of you, Kaitlin." She added.

"Hey Stacey, why do you like Nick?" I asked, curiosity is always in charge. He is probably the most unlikable guy, but I have my reasons, so i'm sure her's are no less than mine.

"The day my grandfather told me to come to his company, he said he was going to tell me something important. Actually it was about the arranged marriage meeting with Nick. I was in an elevator, and as I walked off a man that was behind me had bumped right into my back, naturally I fell forward. Nick had caught me and asked if I was okay. He was such a gentleman and kind. I fell in love with him at first sight. But I had never thought that the man I was to marry was Nick, so when I met him again at the meeting, I was really surprised. I thought it was fate." She said,

Fate.

That word keeps roaming my mind. I too, fell in love with Nick at first sight. I had a one-way love for many years since then, and we even lived in the same house, but I never had the chance to feel that it was fate. The time passed by without making  progress in our relationship.

"I wish I met him the way that you did," I said looking ahead.

"Wished you met him?" I she asked, my eyebrows rose when I realized what I had just said.

"Oh no, I hope I will meet someone." I said biting my lips.

"Actually, I was going to refuse the arranged marriage. I thought it was too early since I was still in college. But my grandfather told me to at least meet him. He made me attend the meeting. Despite all of that, I had never expected this would happen. Life is very strange, isn't it?" She asked smiling.

"Yes, it is." I nodded.

"but, I'm scared." She added.

"Why?"

"The more Nick is kind to me, I feel like the true Nick is moving further and further away, I feel like I can't tell what he is really thinking. I lose my confidence, it's strange isn't it?"She asked.

"I think that's happening because you really love Nick,"I said to her.

"- what?"She seemed surprised by my answer.

"it's not strange at all. When you love someone wouldn't you feel that way? Even though you're determined not to give up, you would lose your confidence over little things. You are beautiful and quiet. If a perfect woman like you feels that way... regular girls would feel that way even more. Yet, if he is kind to you just a little bit you are overjoyed and hope for something more to happen. You become the happiest person in the whole world. However when  he is cold to you again. . . you get scared, thinking he hates you. It's a never-ending circle. You think you will try to do your best. But your feelings always go up and down." I said.