ㅇ Button ㅇ

Authors Note
Gabriela, Daisy and Nelly are new characters if you haven't noticed. Happy Reading ^.^

"Seeing as he's literally a head taller than me, I felt intense." ~ Kaitlin

Chapter 39

----------------------

In Kaitlin's POV

"Let me help you with the party, it's going to be the best party ever!" Keith said to us.

"What should we do?" Jade said to Sasha and I, it wasn't a bad idea to be completely honest we certainly need all the help that is offered.

"Well, you know your food," Sasha said.

"It's not only food," he responded.

"Keith thank you, you definitely saved us." I said grabbing his sleeve.

"Everyone in Class F! On the last night of high school, we will have the best night of our lives." He said, everyone started cheering. It will surpass my expectations, for sure.

* Graduation Day *

"Wonderful Kaitlin," Mrs Louis said to me, she was taking pictures of me while I posed. "Smile more," I did as I was told."Yes that's right." We repeated this process more than 4 times, I kept posing on the couch wether its reading a book with a leg crossed or laying across it.

"Ah this is the last time I can see Kaitlin's uniform," my father said.

"Dad stop." I said smiling.

"Let's take some outside too." Mrs Louis said. I was happy with the idea. Nick walked into the livening room, ready to go to school. "Oh right, hey it's your graduation day too, let's take a celebratory picture of Kaitlin and Nick together." She added. I looked up at Nick to see what he thought, but like always he gave me an expressionless stare. He turned around and started to walk out the door. I understood what he practically said.

"Oh no, that's impossible, Nick and I? No it wou--" I couldn't finish talking.

"Let's take it." He said looking back at his mother and I. He interrupted me.

"Huh?" I said shocked. He looked at me then he made his way out the door.

"Kaitlin, this is your chance..." Mrs Louis said to me. She started to quickly follow Nick. "Hurry, quick." She made her way out the door, and I followed.

*outside*

"Okay I'll take it," she pulled the camera up to her eyes. "Wait move a little closer." She said, I looked at the distance between Nick and I it was about 3 meters wide. I took one step to my left. I was going to take one more, but Nick put his arm around me and pulled. I hit his chest, but I could feel my cheeks heating up. "Oh, yes that's it." Mrs Louis said giggling. "I'll take it in 3.....2..." She said, but before she could say one.

"You have bread crumbs on your face." He said. I immediately pulled away. Mrs Louis had taken the picture. I could see Nick smiling at me. I can already imagine how the picture turned out.

*later on*

I was walking to school on the wide, lonely sidewalk. The sun was bright and warm. And of course Nick was 2 meters in front of me. An idea had gone into my head, why do I have to walk behind him on our last school day, besides everyone knows we live together so what. I walked faster, I was now barely behind him. I took one more big step so now I was next to him.

"It's the last time, so let's go together." I said, he didn't seem to care. He didn't even comment a single thing. "However, the days have gone by fast haven't they?" I asked, no response... There was an awkward silence crawling upon us. "Today our high school life ends, but after all 4 years the last one was the best." I said.

"In my 18 years, the last one was the hardest." He said, I stopped walking, I could see him walking like nothing happened.

***

"Presenting the graduation diplomas, is Mr. Sher." Said the Vice Principle. After his big speech, he finally started to hand off diplomas. The first one I noticed was Nick.

"This certificate verifies that Nick Louis has successfully completed the course of study approved by this high school, congratulations." Mr. Sher handed the diploma to Nick. After a couple more students it was my turn, after me it was Jade, Sasha and finally Keith. Everyone was crying, most of the higher class men were leaving New York. So everyone was emotional. After the ceremony, Jade Sasha and I started to head out towards the front of the school.

"So our High school life is officially over, right?" Sasha said with red eyes. We simply nodded.

"Kaitlin!" I heard my name I looked into the crowd of people and saw Mrs Louis waving her hands hysterically.

"Isn't that Nick's mom?" Asked Jade.

"Oh, Mrs. Louis Thank you so much for coming today." I said running to her.

"Congratulations, the dads were also here but they left early because of work."

"That's fine, I'm pretty sure dad cried a lot, if I saw that, I would probably cry too much. "

"Oh hey look there's Nick." I heard Sasha say, I saw her pointing, so I followed her finger. He was surrounded by 8 girls.

"Augh! The second button!!" I yelled pointing at him.

"Right our uniform only has two buttons, if a guy likes a girl, on graduation day he will give her the second button on his uniform." Jade said explaining why I said those words.

"Hey, Kaitlin you have to be strong and attack Nick get his second button." Mrs. Louis said.

"Well... I don't kn--" I was interrupted by a group of girls arguing. I turned around to see Nick surrounded by all 8 girls.

"Hey Kaitlin, your beloved one seems to be quite troubled." Sasha said crossing her arms.

"Nick please give me your second button." A girl said to him. Will was with him as well.

"I refuse." He said walking down the stairs.

"Please take a graduation picture with me," another girl said extending her hand out.

"I refuse." He said again.

"Sorry, sorry." Will said to every girl he was refusing to.

"Nick had that many fans?" Mrs Louis asked.

"Not everyone is like Kaitlin, confessing like that. It's considered impossible no one does it." Jade said looking at the situation in front of us.

"Today's the last day that's why they all are going crazy." Sasha added.

"Like I expected." Mrs Louis said. All three of us looked at Mrs Louis she had a grin on her face.

"Nick really has feelings for Kaitlin, that's why he is defending his second button it's for you." She said looking at me.

"Ah, no that can't be." I said smiling.

"I'm the mother of this child, I know his feelings as if they were in my hands." She added

"Kaitlin, go!" Jade said

"Huh!?"

"It's the last time in high school." She said

"Right, the last memory." Sasha added. I was doubting myself, but Sasha pushed me and I was only a couple feet away from Nick. If, I'd receive Nick's button right now, I can just imagine our future.

"Um Nicholas," I said he turned around to face me. "Congratulations on your graduation. Um if you'd like to give your second button..." I said smiling. He looked at me a glint in his eyes, he didn't answer right away as I made eye contact with him. Seeing as he's literally a head taller than me, I felt intense.

"I refuse." He said turning his back to me.

"Sorry Kaitlin, sorry." Will said to me. Jade and Sasha came up to me.

"Incredible, even on graduation day, his hate for woman doesn't change." Sasha said looking at him.

"Your love life might suffer." Jade added also looking at him.

Authors Note
Wow he still hasn't changed?? Happy Reading ^.^