Is it true?

Authors Note
A marriage meeting?! #61 in Teen Fiction?! Happy Reading ^.^

"IM sorry, I Spaced out." ~ Kaitlin Jackson

Chapter 69
---------------------

"What is this all about Nick?!" My mom asked.

"Wait honey calm down." My father said, I had just told them about Mr. Peters request. "However, out of the blue you're having an arranged marriage meeting with the chairmanship granddaughter, what's that all about?" He asked.

"Nothing." I said.

"Don't tell me that you are doing this for financial support?" He asked.

In Kaitlin's POV

I had sunflowers in my hands, I smiled at how well arranged they were.

"Don't you think dad will be surprised if we visit out of the blue?" Luke asked me, we were in fact walking down the hall towards Mr. Louis' room. My dad was here with us too.

"What should we do? It might be bad for his heart." I said smiling.

"What are you talking about, if he sees Luke's face, he will get better." We smiled, Luke was about to open the door when we heard Mr. Louis hell.

"Don't underestimate us! I don't want to protect the company by sacrificing your life!"

"He's right! Marriage? I won't let it happen." Mrs Louis said

"I'm proud of myself for building the company this big in one generation. So don't take us the wrong way. You have to marry someone that you really love." Mr. Louis said.

"I like her. I saw her in a picture. She was my type." Luke pulled the door open and yelled.

"Nick!" He said

"Luke!" Mrs. Louis said.

"Are you really getting married? But..."

"Kaitlin! Shane! You're here too." I was staring right at Nick I couldn't move. My mouth was perfectly fine.

"Nick, is it true?" I asked, somewhat a whisper.

"Yes. This coming Sunday. Since my father is not doing well, we are going to have a casual meeting" He said standing up and turning around. "I need you to come with me, mom. Please." And with that he walked right pass me exiting the building. I really wish I didn't hear that's. I know I'm getting hurt because of him, but I can't help it. I love him. I should move on, it looks like he never even cared.

***

"He's going to have an arranged marriage meeting?" Keith asked.

"The other person is the granddaughter of their business partner. Nick said he liked the girl." I said, I stood up. "Sorry, but I should go.

***

I was home, since I didn't feel like doing homework. I kept myself busy with house chores. First off, washing the dishes.

I was half way done when thoughts, and Nicks voice started to fill in my head.

"If I take over the company all of the problems will be solved." I remember that night at the park when I reluctantly wrapped my arms around his neck. It felt like our hearts were connected, but. . .

The bowl I had in my hand slipped, I picked up the broken shards and I was instantly cut, it didn't hurt. I wonder why?

"Are you okay Kaitlin?" Mrs. Louis said, I didn't speak. "Uh! You're bleeding." She said rushing over to me. She grabbed my hand and placed it under the faucet. The water ran under my fresh wound. It wasn't a big deal, well nothing a bandage couldnt fix.

After I was patched up I spoke.

"IM sorry, I Spaced out."

"It's because of Nick , right?" SHe asked. "I can't believe him, but I still believe you should be his wife." SHe added.

"Never the less, its a matter he already decided on." I said.

"No matter how I look at it, I just can't believe he was telling the truth about the company too. Honestly speaking, I did wish he would've taken over the company, but I've been watching him work at the company. I feel like something is wrong. I said to myself. 'This is not what Nick really wants to do.' I think Nick blames himself for what happend to my husband. That's why he is sacrificing himself and trying to save the company." She said.

" But do you think he would go as far as getting married? That's changing his life." I added.

"When Nick starts thinkging about something he gets obsessed with the idea. That's why I Have a great idea.." SHe said.

"A great IDea?" I asked, of course I was scared it's Mrs' Louis,

***

I was walking to school, the willow trees were extra beautiful today, I looked back down at horizon level and say none other than ELizabeth.

"I heard the Nick is going to have an arranged marriage meeting." ANd With that I started to tell her the story and hopefully the facts as well.

"The girl is a supreme garndaughter in some words." I said.

"I know that bit, Chairman Peter is one of the big shots of the financial world. HE had influence on many politicians. He is the boss of the American business world." SHe said.

"I didn't know he was that impoirtant. Now that you mention it. I heard she has attended Seishin WOman's school since kindergarten."

"SHE is a real princess huh?"

"Nicholas said he liked her right away when he saw a picture of her. She must be beautiful."

"I don't like it, right? Why does the perfect girl appear out of nowhere to take Nick? I can't let her take him."

"Well Mrs. Louis might be able to do something about this." I said remebering her plan.

"What are you talking about?" AHe asked. I immedialty stopped.

"Who me? Oh UH. Its nothing! Nevermind!"

"WHat do you mean Nothing. Hurry up tell me." She demanded.

"I'm sorry; it's a top secret." I said. "She told me not to tell anyone that she plans on ruining the meeting." I continued to walk. I stopped in my tracks. I swear I'm a fxcken parakeet. I just can't keep my mouth closed.

"I see..." She said crossing her arms. "Ruin the meeting... You two never change."

"What do you mean?"

"But, only this time I will join you."

"What?"

Authors note
Go ahead hate me, I'm sorry for not updating, in sure you probably won't read this, and I forgive you if you don't. Happy Reading ^.^

P.S I'm immediately staring the next chapter.