ㅇ Accidents? ㅇ

Author's Note
Kaitlin would my best friend, if she really existed T_T Happy Reading ^-^

Picture of Kaitlin's cooking

Chapter 28

----------------------
In Kaitlin's POV

LAST DAY OF SUMMER VACATION

"We're off!" Mr. Louis and my father said, they were going to go to their reunion now. Catching up with old classmates.

"Bye!" Luke, Mrs. Louis and I said. We said our final good bye and entered the house.

"Those two looked like grade school kids off on an excursion." Mrs. Louis said to me.

"My dad's been very busy running his shop that this outing is a novelty for him." I said while passing Nick who was sitting on the couch reading. I ran my hand against the couch ever so slightly touching his shoulder blades. "That I'm sure he was really looking forward to this. " I added, we made our way to the dinning room, but the phone rang. I looked back at Nick and he was looking right at me with his eyebrows raised, suggesting. Mrs Louis immediately went to pick it up. I ignored him and sat down at the dinning table, trying to recall what his expression meant.

"Hello, this is the Louis residence." She said with a long silence engraving the house as she listened to the other party on the phone. "Huh?! Is that the truth?!" She asked with a look of concern, "Yes I'll be there shortly." By now Nick, Luke and I were looking at Mrs Louis. Nick stood up and came over to where Luke and I were, not looking at me or Luke.

"It's really bad!!" mrs Louis said.

"What happened?" Nick asked.

"Grandmother seems to have had an accident!" She said very concerned. "It doesn't seem to be too terrible, but it looks like she has to be hospitalized for tonight." She added. "It looks like I have to be there as her support." She said.

"Please, go ahead and do that." I said walking towards her.

"Thank you, Kaitlin." She said grabbing my forearms." Well then I'll have to leave the house in your hands she said looking at me.

"Yes." I said nodding, but then it hit me that I'll be alone in this house. Sitting, and waiting for them to come back. I looked at Mrs. Louis.

"Wait, would you mind if I go too? I don't want to be here alone." I whispered to her.

"I'll be bringing Lukey along," She said touching his shoulder. "You two have school tomorrow morning, too." She said, "I mean, Nick will stay with you."

"I got it." Nick said looking at his mother.

"Let's hurry and get ready." She said pulling Luke to her.

"Okay." He said. Nick and I were the only ones left in the dinning room. So it means.. only both of us are going to be in the house? I thought while staring at Nick. I'm really nervous, but I think I could...

Mrs. Louis and Luke were heading out the door by now. They left. And just like that I was alone, under the same roof as Nick.

This is a good opportunity to impress Nick with my cooking. Great Opportunity. I'm going to create the best memory for this summer. I said to myself while looking in a cook book for the best meal. The one I came across was Bifteck en Bourgeois.

"This is it." I said out loud.

LATER THAT DAY

In Nick's POV

I walked out of my room to find smoke all over the place, it was amazing how it was on the second floor. Curious as to what happened. I started walking towards Kaitlin's door, taking in a breathe. I raised my hand up and slightly knocked on the door.

"Kaitlin?" I asked, her name rolling off my tongue made me nervous. I was confused as to why this happens all the time, I get angry every time I think about her, I hate being confused. It's the most annoying feeling in the world, which only adds to my hate towards her.

"Kaitlin?" I asked once again, to be only fed by silence. I gave up on calling her through her room and made my way down stairs.

Once I entered the kitchen I saw Kaitlin next to the stove she was almost hidden by the smoke, I looked around to see a humongous mess spread through the entire kitchen. The areas in which, I saw Kaitlin was cooking, was all reddish mush. She noticed my presence and turned around to hand me a plate of red water. Half of the substance spilled on the floor.

"What's that?" I said pointing to the plate, she simply looked down and said.

"Bifteck en Bourgeoise." I could hear the frustration in her voice.

IN Kaitlin"S POV

I completely failed at making dinner, I know, but I was caught off guard when Nick took the plate from my hands and placed it nearby on the counter. He placed his hands on my shoulders and turned me around. I felt his hands on my lower back untying the apron I had on. He slowly lifted the apron over my head and placed it into himself. He grabbed the leftover vegetables that were in bowls and started chopping them up.

"Don't you need to look at the recipe?" I asked him propping myself onto the counter, so I could have a better view of what he was doing.

"I already looked at it once if I look at it I'll remember." He said annoyed. I was so amazed at how good he was at cooking I felt really bad that I can't even cook for him with my determination. Once again the tables have turns and he ends up pleasing himself.

IN Mrs. Louis POV

"What about grandmother?" Luke asked me. We were currently in the fanciest restaurant I could find.

"There is a reason behind this, Luke." I said smiling," They're really slow, I just wanted them both to be closer to each other, since the Fathers went out on the trip, so I thought I should let them be together by themselves." I said giggling, thinking about what Nick could be doing right now. He really needs a girlfriend, someone to care for him in a not motherly way.

"How about Grandma's injury?" Luke asked.

"It's fake, I made it up, it was just a fake call, wasn't my acting good?" I asked him.

"What?" Luke asked, "I want to go back home." HE Added.

"So...you don't want this? " I said smiling at his reaction. He had a bowl bigger than his face full of ice cream in front of him.

Author's Note
Don't you wish you had her as your mother? Happy Reading *.*