ㅇ New year ㅇ

Author's Note
My old intro is back. happy Reading ^.^

Chapter 31

Kaitlin and Nick were home alone
----------------------
In K's POV

Time passes quickly, it was summer the memories I made were mediocre, then fall came nothing special either, and it turned into winter... I'm glad that I managed to get accepted to a college, but the relationship between Nick and I as usual . . . hasn't made any progress. I was currently walking behind Nick on our way to school, my head was going crazy with these thoughts. When the new year came I went to this big festival where the New York annual ceremony for New year happens.

"It's cute! You look really good in it, Jade." Sasha said to Jade while she tried on a long cotton coat.

"I decided to wear red this year. Since last year I wore black." She was referring to her jackets. Jade loves dolling herself up for New Years, she would rather wear pjs.

"That's right. You look very grown-up." Said Sasha. Wrapping her arm around Jade. I walked closer to them.

"Jade! Sasha!" I said getting their attention. "Happy new year!" I added running to them.

"Happy New year, Kaitlin." They both said to me,

"You're wearing a dress this year?" Jade said curiously.

"Yeah, Nick's mother helped me pick it out." I answered.

"So cute. You look good." Sasha said.

"Thank you ." I added. Feeling the mesh that went around the neckline.

"Uhh? Jade, did you gain a little weight?" I said looking at her.

"Oh please, don't tell me. I know I did." She said. "But as I studied my butt off for the entrance exams. . . Christmas cake, New Year's food. . . Everything tasted so good!" She added.

"I know what you mean." I said smiling at her, "but I'm happy that the three of us got accepted to Kings Boroughs community college." I added.

"We will be college students in the spring, let's make it a good year!" Sasha said with a smile stretching her whole face.

"Yes! Now, shall we go?" I asked, they both nodded. We first went to a famous wishing well that is very popular to help dreamers on special occasions, since it was new year's it was full. This is just a custom we native New Yorkers do.

"I wish I can have a fantastic college life." Sasha said closing her eyes, turning her back to the well and throwing in a 50 cent coin.

"I wish I can have a boyfriend this year." Jade said doing the exact same thing that Sasha said.

They both looked at me, but I had my eyes close and I was wishing "strongly".

"Kaitlin is so serious. . . " Sasha said to Jade.

"Without saying a word, it's so obvious what she is wishing for." Jade said to Sasha.

"Hey, let's draw our fortunes!" Sasha said. I finished my wishing and we headed toward a table with 3 boxes that had slips of papers in them.

"I will take this one." Jade said grabbing a paper.

"Then this one belongs to me," Sasha said.

"Let's see. . . this one!" I said grabbing the paper which my eye first landed on.

"Great! "Excellent Luck!" I said reading the paper.

"Ta-da! Mine too, look." Sasha said showing me her paper.

"Jade got the same thing too," Sasha added and she was also involved in our smiling party.

"Oh Wait!, it says- the person you are waiting for will come" I said this out loud and my friends started freaking out. Nick?

"Omg! Good for You!" They both said smiling.

Later that day at the Louis's Residence.

We were having a party for my acceptance to Boroughs. There was a cake in the middle that said so, Mr. Louis raised his glass in the air and said.

"Here is to Kaitlin's college acceptance! Cheers!" He said. "Everyone let's eat." We all sat down.

"Thank you very much, everyone, for having done this for me." I said respectfully.

"You were a little girl not so long ago." My father said, "But you will be in college this spring, I'm sure your mother is so happy in heaven." He started to do what every sane parent would do. . . tear up.

"Daddy. . . " I said patting his back.

"I'm sorry for tearing up." He added.

"Following Kaitlin, is Nick's turn to enter a college." Mr louis said.

"He's not stupid like Kaitlin. . . He can go to New York University without effort." Luke said

"That's right." I said to myself. I reached behind the couch and grabbed a present for Nick. "Here, Nick. This is for you." I sat down. "I was able to get into college because you helped me with my studies, it's something very small.

"That is so sweet, Hurry and open it, Nick." Mrs louis said to Nick, he obediently starts to unwrap the present. Nick pulled out something that looked like a metal spider.

"What's this?" Luke said grabbing it.

"It's a head massager. Nick is taking the exam to go to the University of New York, right? He still needs to study so hard, so. . ." I was interrupted.

"Looks like a whisk. It's for an old man." Luke said.

"Hey, Luke." Mr louis said.

"Never Mind that, why don't you use it , Nick?" Mrs louis said.

"It's okay, besides, it's not just the University of New York. . .I haven't decided if I want to go to any college. " Nick said making everyone stare at him dead silent.

"Well, Luke let me use it." Mr louis said asking for the massager. It can't be, Nick is such a genius. . . that he can enter any university no problem, what's going on? I don't understand I was looking right at him my head was pounding. He doesn't want to go to college?

Author's Note

Nick doesn't know if he wants to go to college then what does he want to do? Happy Reading . ^.^