ㅇ Worried ㅇ

Author's Note
Should I make a sequel? I don't know. Happy Reading ^.^

Chapter 35

----------------------

In Kaitlin's POV

"It's passed time for Nick to return. isn't it?" Mrs Louis said very anxious, we were drinking tea while waiting for Nick, Luke didn't seem so worried. My knees were going crazy I'm pretty sure I'll make a hole through the wood if I don't stop, as if on cue the door clicks.

"It's Nick." Luke said getting up from his seat. We were all shocked to see a tired Nick with gauze and crutches.

"Ahh! Nick what happened to you?" Mrs. Louis asked.

"I tripped." He said so harshly.

"What?! Even for that you're really injured," Mrs. Louis said, but Nick simply went to the living room and sat down.

"The lucky charm didn't work." I said out loud looking at Nick.

"No, it Worked VERY WELL!" He said looking back at me.

"What does that mean?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"I had enough, I'm going to sleep." He said getting up and going to the stairs.

"Brother." Luke said following Nick. Frustrated, I stood up and walked up the stairs towards Nicks room. Not knowing what I was going to do, the first thing that came to mind was to talk to him. Ask what was bothering him. So I knocked on the door.

"Yes?" I heard him say. I opened the door and walked inside,

"Luke, can you let me talk to your brother?" I asked him, he simply sighed and walked out the room.

"What do you want?" Nick asked.

"Just an answer, to a question." I asked, pulling my hair knot a ponytail. I noticed not too long ago, I do that when I'm determined.

"And what makes you think that I'll have the answer?" He asked,

"Because it occurred to you," i sighed, "So, tell me. How did your day go?" I asked.

"Did you really ask Luke to leave, just to ask me that?" He asked, as he took off his shirt. All the air from my lungs dissolved, as I made eye contact with his body. I looked at my hands and nodded. "Well, ask me another day. I'm really tired." He said getting in his bed. I stood up, and walked over to him.

"Fine, Mr. Grumpy." I whispered as I placed the cover over a knocked out Nick."

***

I was walking with Jade to our home room. She placed her hand on my shoulder.

"I didn't do so good on the center test." She said.

"Me too. Now my only hope is state college." I said not very my usual self, I could tell Jade knew what I was thinking.

"Nick is going to be fine. He's, the top of, the state genius." Jade said turning to face me,

"But this time, it's hard to be assured of that. . ." I said looking down, we continued to walk. I remembered how, injured and tired he was, the first time I ever had seen Nick in such a weak state.

"Kaitlin! Jade!" We heard Sasha yell, we looked up to see her running towards us. Once she was caught up to us, she grabbed my arms.

"Did you hear that Nick got accepted to New York's University?" I was surprised.