Sleep pt. 1

Authors Note
OMG Read Quickly, Good Luck ^.^ #207 in teen-fiction

Dedication @mockingthem

"Just go to sleep." ~ Nick Louis

Chapter 59
---------------------

The phone ranged, I was waiting for Mrs. Louis' answer. The phone ranged, it took 6 rings until she finally picked up.

"Finally I got through, Kaitlin?!" She said, it was windy on her side of the phone.

"Uh, Mrs Louis! Um... Luke needed an urgent operation," I said.

"What?! An operation?!" She yelled.

"It supposed to be a type of intussusception, they said he would be okay since they were able to have surgery soon after the symptoms developed. The operation is going to end soon, and Nick came here, he's been with me." I said.

"Anyways, we are coming back right away!" She said.

"Right away? Aren't you in Rochester? I think you've missed all of the bullet trains." I said to her. "Where are you right now Mrs. Louis," I said, it seemed like there was a tornado on her side of the phone.

"Don't worry about it. Whatever it takes we will definitely arrive to Manhattan! Please take care of Luke until we come back!" She said.

"Take care of yourselves too, Mrs. Louis?" I said after the call got cut off. I felt a hand on my forehead, I got pulled back, I felt by back hit someone.

"Thank you, Kaitlin." I heard Nick voice. I suddenly felt comfort, my nose ached. That was something that happens when I cry. I sniffed.

"I was scared." I said, I felt him lay his head on mine. He was a lot taller than me, but it was soothing. I quickly turned around and hugged his waist. His hand went on my back, "I was scared." I managed to choke out. His other hand went around me too, "Nick I was scared," saying those words I knew were going to help me, get over my current state.

"Everything is okay now," he said. I was so scared.

(P.S the song really goes with this book, or Kaitlin's character in general. Read the subtitles.)

***

The surgery was finally over Nick had gone inside to talk with the doctor.

///
(P.S everything that happens between The doctor and Nick, Kaitlin doesn't know about,)

"He can move to the general ward tomorrow, it was a success. You should go home tonight," the doctor said.

"But..." Nick responded.

"You can't stay in the ICU room, and there is nowhere for you to stay overnight. Please come back tomorrow morning," the doctor added.

"I understand, Doctor, I really appreciate it." he said.

"Anyway, I'm glad that the young lady made a quick decision and brought him here." Nick looked up at him. "It not a serious condition if we find it early, but there are many cases that people treat it as a normal stomach ache. It's a curable illness but could end up being fatal. Especially when it happens to a child. Your little brother is very lucky, you should be grateful to her." The doctor said to him.

///

I was waiting for quite a while, until I saw Nick turn a corner. I got up and went to him.

"How was it?" I said looking up at him.

"He's fine now," he started walking. "He will be able to move to the general ward tomorrow." He said.