ㅇ Aching ㅇ

"He hurt me," ~Kaitlin Jackson

Chapter 46

----------------------
In Kaitlin's POV

Mrs. Louis was currently helping me aid my bruise, slowly putting ice on top of it to reduce the swelling. I always thought ice made the swelling worse, she had placed a bandaid on the bottom of my nose because my upper lip had busted. I'll spare you the details.

"Are you alright, Kaitlin?" She asked me, literally after I winched.

"Kaitlin is still lame." Luke said, he was in the living room with his father and my father, I was in the dinning room with Mrs. Louis. The table had all sorts of first aid supplements, I sort of felt intimidated by all the stuff.

"Luke!" Mrs Louis said, "Kaitlin why don't you skip tomorrow's practice?" I sighed.

"The club won't let me, new comers can't be absent, it's fine I'll be used to it soon." I said, thanking her for the treatment.

In Narrators POV

Mr. Jackson heard Kaitlin, lately he has seen Kaitlin get hurt not just physically but emotionally too. He simply sighed and he shook his head, knowing exactly the reason for her mental suffering.

"Don't over work since you're a girl." Mrs Louis said to Kaitlin.

"Yes ma'am."

"Is there any part of you that got hurt besides your nose and lip?"

"No I'm alright now." Kaitlin said to her.

*The next day at school*
In Kaitlin's POV

"Kaitlin is your face okay?" Sasha asked, we were in the cafeteria right now.

"I heard that our school tennis club is very strict, it is so strict that all the new members leave. Only two or three stay." Jade said.

"Kaitlin will you be able to continue?" Sasha asked.

"It's for being with Nick, so I have to try harder, I can't take the chance and let anyone else get attached to him. I don't want him to forget me." I said to them. Annoyed of my own attitude.

"Stop that. Here." I heard someone say behind us, I turned around.

"Keith," I heard Jade say. He placed a tray in front of me, it was shaped like a heart and it had the word love written on it. With some Spanish on top.

"What does that say." I said pointing to the words.

"It's "forever" in Spanish," he said.

"You're so cheap, it's only for Kaitlin?" Sasha asked.

"You're too nosy, move aside," he said making her move seats "it's Keith's special." I smiled and took a whiff of the cake. "Hey Kaitlin, quit the tennis club, there is no need for it to hurt your pretty face." He said, I looked up at him. He was serious about quitting.

"Since I got in, I wanted to try more, I learned from my dad that it's not good to quit and give up." I said to him, he sighed and leaned back in the chair.

"Oh right, I have a message from your dad, he said come to the restaurant today."

"Why?"

"No idea, he says he has something to tell you, well eat up." He said, I smiled and nodded.

"Thanks for the food, I'll enjoy it wholeheartedly." I said picking a spoon up.

"You guys ate too much while we were taking!" He exclaimed to my friends. It's true, half the cake was gone.