ㅇ Whispers ㅇ

Author's note
How do you like Nick? Happy Reading ^.^

"In my freshman year, sophomore year and junior year," ~ Kaitlin Jackson

Chapter 2
----------------------

Once I turned around and saw what happened to my beautiful, unappreciated letter my brain was exploding with my self conscious' anger.

"My first love seemed to be shattered just like that." I was staring directly at Nick, if only looks could kill, he'd be 6 feet under, but he was walking away like nothing happened. I wasn't sure if I was more angry at him, or myself for being angry at him.

"No Way." I whispered to myself. But an unbelievable miracle happened from now on.

***
I was walking in the halls grasping my bag tightly, I could here the "whispers" about what happened earlier today. Once I finally reached the quad area that's where I lost my patience. Everyone here had the time of day to gossip about me,

"Hey! That's Kaitlin from Class F." I heard someone say. Once she said this, everyone in the quad stopped their conversations and started laughing at me. I heard more and more whispers with terrifying laughs.

"She told Nick that she likes him."

"That's Kaitlin Jackson, Nick will never like a dumb ass girl like her." Some guys said.

"She really doesn't know a thing." Another girl said.

"Poor her." I started to tear up I could feel my face turning red, I looked around and saw everyone looking at me, I really hated this feeling, so all I could do was run, but No, instead my mouth went off, I yelled.

"Leave Me Alone!" This made everyone laugh even louder. I ran out of the quad where my best friends came running towards me,

"Kaitlin you told Nick about your feelings?" Jade asked.

"Jade! please be quiet, everyone here already knows, but how do you know about, you know--?" I said making hand gestures.

"You tried to give him a letter right in front of the school's gate. That attracts too much attention, Kaitlin we told you that wasn't a good idea!" Said Sasha, the older one, out of our "group."

"Everyone in this school knows. How are we not suppose to know, we're your best friends." Jade said

"I'm so embarrassed. He's such a jerk, why couldn't he just receive it and throw it out later, he made a fool out of me." I looked down, ashamed at myself because I know at the end of the day, I'm still hopeless.

"Why would you even try to do that in front of the school's gate?" Jade asked. But added. "It's like you are advertising for everyone to know."

"And to Nick...." Sasha said.

"Why would you do such a reckless thing? You know he won't accept it." Jade added.

"By any chance..." I said," I thought he might like me by any chance."

"That would never happen. It's Nick Louis for goodness sake, it's like saying, Michael Jackson will notice you if you had a shirt with his freaking face on it." Jade added.

"As you already know, classes are divided by exam scores in this school." Said Sasha.

I thought to myself.

"Nick is the highest scorer in Class A, which has all kinds of top scorers. And, he got the highest score in the last national exam. There is a rumor that says his IQ is 200. He is a genius and good looking. Besides, his father is a president of a gaming company."

"He speaks Spanish fluently, even though he never had classes, or isn't Latin little less Spanish." Said Sasha, while we were walking up a flight of stairs. "He is an athlete as well. He's a super boy, compared to him, we're hopeless and stupid." then she added.

"We are like the losers of this school, we live in a different world from him."

"But I tried my best." I said "In my freshman year, sophomore year and junior year, I did my best to be placed in Class A along with Nick." I noticed my friends stopped walking, I turned around. "What's wrong?" I asked

"Kaitlin, you know what the alphabet is right?" Asked Sasha. I nodded

"Of course." I said.

Jade spoke this time.

"Then, count how many letters there are between A and F. "I continued to walk up the stairs while counting on my fingers.

"A, B, C, D, E, F." I turned around showing six fingers to my friends, Sasha smiled and said.

"That's right. It would be a miracle for someone in F to be placed in A, the possibility is lower than winning the lottery."

Jade added, "the possibility is lower than seeing snow in summer." As we finished walking up the stairs.

"Lower than getting hit by a shooting star?" I asked.

"What? What did you say? "Asked my friends.

"Never mind." I turned around.

"Anyhow, we live in a different world from him." We walked out, heading to our class.

"That's true, but before I graduated, I wanted to let him know about my feelings." while I was talking both of my friends stopped walking and sighed.

"How naïve." I sighed knowing this was true, not a single day passes by where Nick doesn't receive a present, but at least he never looks pleased with the girls that give them to him.

Author's note
I hope you enjoyed, but wait there will be more.