ㅇ Tennis ㅇ

Author's Note
I always make a movie in my head when I read a book. -Yelling_Nothing Happy Reading ^.^

Chapter 26

Kaitlin saw Nick at the tennis courts with his muscles in the glorious sun. *totally not falling for nick *
----------------------
In K's POV

"That's right, he is sort of a member of the tennis club." I said turning around to face my friends.

"What do you mean sort of?" Asked Sasha.

"He is not an official member of the tennis club." I added, "But he is better than the members, so he plays when there is a tournament." I said.

"Oh, right there is a high school national tennis tournament at the end of the month." Jade said.

"What? I thought he was a nerd with no motor skills!" Keith said looking out the window.

"He is perfect except for his personality." I said shaking my head. "But he didn't tell me that he was coming to school to play tennis." I added. Like he would of told me either way.

"As usual, he couldn't care less about you." Sasha said to me. She's right, I can't continue beating myself down over a high school boy who probably doesn't even think about the opposite gender.

"That's okay, right?" Keith asked. I didn't hear what they were saying I was staring outside just waiting to be swallowed a whole by my own imagination. I knew I didn't mean anything to him, except for being a nuisance and a pest. I had a flashback to when Keith intruded Nick's house. Nick said. "People change their minds, you hate someone today, but...tomorrow you might like that person."

"Are you admiring him?" Jade asked.

"Huh?" I said looking back at them. "No I wasn't, It's not fair to win without working out without jogging and practicing everyday. I've got to study for this test. Let's do it." I said getting off the window counter and walking towards my desk ready to conquer my textbooks and workbooks,

Later During Class

"Mars, the red planet, has fascinated people. From the time of Aristotle. Asian people identified it with the god of war. "

I completely zoned out again, Nick was still practicing, he was wearing a muscle blue shirt with black jeans. He was very attractive, I liked the way he smiled when he was with his friends. He is cute, after all... I bet he is so tired after tennis practice. When he gets home, It'll be fine if he has food made by my own hands. I'll probably add poison or something. Who am I kidding I'm still head over heals in love with that bastard and it kills me and the people around me.

"Jackson!"

"Kaitlin Jackson!" I looked back inside and saw that the teacher was calling me.

"YES!" I said standing up.

"Read the rest of the paragraph." He said.

"Yes?" I said.

"Page 63," Sasha whispered.

"You were slacking off. Run ten laps as punishment!" He said pointing outside.

"Eh?!" I said with shock on my face. "Ten laps?" Before I knew it I was already outside running under the screeching sun casting his rays of pure hatred on me. The teacher was watching me, every time I passed him he would add a comment.

'You are slowing down!" He would say. I kept running I could feel sweat falling on my 7th lap. People would walk by and stare at me. The noises I would make made it worse. I was out of breathe wheezing and coughing. I forgot my freaking inhaler, just great.

"Jackson, one more Lap!" Mr. Vez said on my 9th lap. I looked up just to ever so slightly see Nick hit the tennis ball, it went completely off course. The ball went past Mr. Vez and straight onto my forehead. Every fragment of a second passing by ten times slower. I watched the ball bounce of my head, causing me to jerk back into the floor. The pounding sensation causing my hand to reach up and press on my temples.

"Ouch!" I managed to choke out, from my coughing.

"Ah... sorry." Nick said walking towards me. "I didn't do it on purpose, " He bent down to get the ball and said. "Are you okay? I thought class was over."

"Leave me alone." I said to him not wanting a single remark to come out. "I just felt like running!" I added.

"Hey, Jackson!" Mr. Vez said. I promise I was turning red not from the impact of the ball into my face, but by the fact my lie was clearly exposed as so was I. Once he said my name. "Stop that marital quarrel!" He added. I frowned knowing what he meant. I continued running. Nick looked at me and he smiled teasing my own lies.

Nick, Luke and I were sitting at the dinner table. Mrs Louis gave me a glass of apple juice.

"Kaitlin did you get tanned?" She asked. "Did you also get an extra class for gym?" She added.

"Um.. This was um." I was saying looking down.

"She was slacking in class, so she had to run the school track as punishment." Luke said drinking juice.

"How do you know that?" I asked, even though I saw Nick smile while drinking his juice.

"Set a thief to catch a thief." Luke said.

"Set what?" I asked

"You don't even know that? Are you Stupid?" He added

"Luke that's enough!" Mrs Louis said.

"Well, it's summertime." Mr. Louis said walking into the dinning room. "It's okay to get tanned right?" He laughed, I tried to, I bet it came out awkward as I'm red as a tomato with a blue pouch on my head with a glass in my hand.

Author's Note
I hope you liked this chapter. Happy Reading ^.^